Posted by Andrew on Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 2:44pm.
I'm learing about connotations of words. Although many words have connotations that most of us agree to because they are culturally shared, some worlds cna be given a different connotation in some contexts.
However, since I am a ballingual student, I'm having a hard time doing this homework.
I have to write sentences for each of these words so they should imply opposite connotaions rather than the usual connotations.
a. natural +
b. old -
c. committed +
d. free +
e. chemical -
f. lazy -
- English - GuruBlue, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 3:02pm
Here are a couple of examples... Then you see what you can come up with.
My grandma used to say, "You are free to do what you want so long as you want to do what I say."
He should be committed to the insane asylum for doing something that silly.
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 3:08pm
Here are a few ideas.
a. He is a natural liar.
b. My old furniture is valuable because they are well-cared for antiques.
c. The schizophrenic patient was committed to a mental institution.
d. Natural products claim to be free of artificial chemicals.
e. Some athletes use illegal chemicals to enhance their performance.
f. Many of us love the lazy days of August.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts 7 A - In ¨Life Without Gravity¨ How does word choice help support ...
- english/poetry/literature - What are some good connotations for "tree" or ...
- Denotations and Connotations - Check the denotations of each of the following ...
- LA - Poets use imagery and words with different connotations and denotations. In...
- LA - 6. Poets use imagery and words with different connotations and denotations...
- helpppppp??? please - Poets use imagery and words with different connotations ...
- LANUGAGE ARTS - 6. Poets use imagery and words with different connotations and ...
- La - Poets use imagery and words with different connotations and denotations. In...
- critical thinking - 3. Definitions sometimes involve both denotative and ...
- english - what are some connotations of Hawaii?