Posted by Nicole on Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 1:42pm.
Solve for y in terms of x . Determine if y is a function of x . If it is, rewrite using notation and determine the domain.
xsquared + 12x +9=3y
f(x)=xsquared + 12x + 6=y ?
- Algebra - Reiny, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 1:46pm
no, should be
y = (1/3)x^2 + 4x + 3
(each term had to be divided by 3)
and yes, it is a function whose domain is the set of real numbers
- Algebra - bobpursley, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 1:48pm
Now, is y a function of x?
What is the domain of x?
- Algebra - bobpursley, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 2:18pm
- Algebra - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 9:32am
SO THE APPLICATION OF X IS ABOUT TO MOVE EXACTLY WERE IT IS AND NEGATIVELY MOVE TO THE POSITIVE NUMBER SO THE ANSWER IS
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Solve for "x" in each equation. 1)xsquared+12x+25= 0 2)xsquared+4x-12...
- math - 1. 2xsquared-7x=-6 2. xsquared + 12x + 1= 0 3. xsquared + 6x + 20 = 0
- math(check my answers) - SOLVE THE FOLLOWING EQAUTION BY COMPLETING THE SQUARE: ...
- Algebra - To solve 9x^2-12x+4=49 by using the Square Root Property, you would ...
- Math - 2a) Simplify the expressions for A and B, where A=x+4/xsquared+9x+20 and ...
- algebra (parabolas) - tell whether the graph opens upward or downward. then find...
- Algebra. Please check my answers - Evaluate a/b+c^d for a=6,b=3,c=4 and d=5 A.42...
- Math - Using the quadratic formula solve xsquared=2/3x Using the quadratic ...
- algebra2 - 1/3 - 5/6 = 1/X SOLVE 1/3 - 5/6 = 1/X Let's remove the denominators ...
- calc - What is dy/dx of y=12/12X-y^3 ???? Any idea anyone??? y=12/12X-y^3 I ...