Posted by Vic on Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:42am.
Can you suggest/comment on my poem?
Death and Liquorice
It is funny how everyone sees me,
As a looming ghost above their head
In fact we have never met before
Yet they still anticipate me with dread.
What I do I do as a professional
Employed by the great circle of life
Every human is my loyal customer
Including you, man and man’s wife.
At the time our paths do finally cross
We both know that the time has come
For you to part with the living world
And then my work with you is done.
Usually when I arrive you are lying
Upon your back, waiting and silent
Sometimes you scream blue murder
Which ever way, I remain indifferent.
In doing my job, I look for a colour,
one that suits the life you have led
the saddened are blue, the lonely grey
the unlucky purple, the angry red.
Liquorice black is my favourite colour
These people are the easiest to free
For emotionless, empty are their souls
They remind myself too much of me.
- English - christina, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 8:14am
really good but a little creepy. ya might wanna tone it down a little. its really good though
- English - SraJMcGin, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 9:48am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. The spelling you used for "liquorice" is a British variation of "licorice." That was interesting.
Main Entry: li·quo·rice
chiefly British variant of licorice
Is this what you really meant to say: "Which ever way?" Perhaps it is the space there. (Whichever...)
As for the poem, I think you did an outstanding job!
- English - LORI, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 9:58am
The Kenning technique- im not sure that i get this:
television: information box
police: law keepers
poptart: breakfast food
music: great noise
computer: touch information
I dont know, any suggestions?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- poetry - Read the following poem and answer questions that follow: Life, death,-...
- English - Can Someone comment on how well i did my my poem please. Drive No ...
- English - 1. I know nothing yet. 2. I don't know about the fact yet. 3. I don't ...
- Writing - Can Someone comment on how well i did my my poem please. Drive No ...
- English - I still have some more sentences I need to check. Can you please have ...
- English - My assignment is to write an exlpication of a peom by emily dickinson...
- English - Can someone help me analyze this poem? I don't understand the poem ...
- English - I'm posting sentence 3 again for you to check. I'm includinga few ...
- year 8 english - I need to say what is funny about this poem:- thankyou The ...
- English - Hi, If anyone has read Hamlet...I have to write an essay showing how ...