Posted by Charmian on Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:01am.
Consider the arithmetic sequence x+2, 18-x, 14+x,...
a) Find the value of x.
b) Find the general term of the arithmetic sequence.
Mathematics : Arithmetic Sequence - Damon, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:25am
in general an = a1 + (n-1)d
d = (18-x)-(x+2) = (14+x)-(18-x)
d = 16 -2x = -4 +2x
4 x = 20 and x = 5
then d = -4 + 2x = 6
an = a1 + (n-1)6
if the first term is x+2 = 7
then the sequence is
an = 7+(n-1)6
Mathematics : Arithmetic Sequence - Anonymous, Monday, October 13, 2014 at 11:49am
Mathematics : Arithmetic Sequence - nikoru, Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 7:07am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Mathematics : Arithmetic Sequence - The 5th term and the 8th term of an ...
- Algebra - True or False 1. – 5, – 5, – 5, – 5, – 5, … is an arithmetic sequence...
- Math - A sequence is formed by adding together the corresponding terms of a ...
- Algebra - Determine whether each sequence is arithmetic or geometric. Find the ...
- Math Help!!! - determine whether each sequence is arithmetic or geometric. find ...
- math - find the rule for the Nth term of the arithmetic sequence. 11/2, 25/6, 17...
- math - 1. Use the given arithmetic sequence to answer the following problems. ...
- Math: Arithmetic Sequence. - the 3rd of an Arithmetic sequence is 8 of the 16th ...
- 10th grade - The common difference of an arithmetic sequence is 4. The 13th term...
- arithmetic sequence - the 40th term of an arithmetic sequence is equal to the ...