Posted by ashajackson on Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 5:43pm.
In a 200- to 300-word response, you must identify 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional career, and elaborate on how teachers employ these factors on a daily basis. Your responses might include the following: teaching requires professional knowledge and/or training; teaching requires decision-making; teaching requires reflection and autonomy; and educators are expected to abide by ethical and moral standards of conduct.
Here is what I have come up with. Please comment.
Teachers are those who educate, guide, and foster values, ethics, and morals in the younger generations. Each day a teacher will teach a lesson plan with certain goals in mind; whether it is reaching children about honesty or how to use a specific mathematic formula. Teachers instill critical thinking in children by asking leading questions, and creating an environment that fosters creativity and knowledge expanse. In order to develop and sharpen these skills, teachers are required to earn their Masters degree, as well as follow-up with annual and semi-annual conferences to update and gain new certifications.
Part of being a teacher means that you are willing to make the ethical choices necessary and be able to self reflect. Teachers may find that some of their lessons are not communicating the facts they want. Teachers must then question their methods, and improve them for the sake of the children. They must constantly ask themselves “What can I do different?” or “Why did this work or not work well?” Asking these types of questions let a teacher evaluate their own abilities and create a plan to enhance their skills. Self reflection also means making sure that you stay true to your values as well as the mission statement of the school and school district one works for.
Much of the way a teacher teaches, and improves their own talents, is how students will learn to do the same. Teachers can be true role models, if they work with great diligence and promote a positive learning environment
teaching as a professional career - Writeacher, Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 6:47pm
Please go over your paper with the following in mind. Thanks to PsyDAG for the following:
In the future, if nobody is available to proofread your work, you can do this yourself. After writing your material, put it aside for a day — at least several hours. (This breaks mental sets you might have that keep you from noticing problems.) Then read it aloud as if you were reading someone else's work. (Reading aloud slows down your reading, so you are less likely to skip over problems.)
If your reading goes smoothly, that is fine. However, wherever you "stumble" in your reading, other persons are likely to have a problem in reading your material. Those "stumbles" indicate areas that need revising.
Once you have made your revisions, repeat the process above. Good papers often require many drafts.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AED 201 - identify 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional career, ...
- teaching factors - List 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional ...
- teaching - List 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional career. ...
- Education - List three factors that define teaching as a professional career....
- Teaching as a Profession - • Write a 200- to 300- word paper in which you list 3...
- teaching as a professional career - list 3-5 factors that define teaching as a ...
- Pick a career to define - Can someone help me identify 3-5 factors that define ...
- AE - List 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional career.
- AED - what are factors that define teaching as a professional career?
- AED - list 3 to 5 factors that define teaching as a professional career