Posted by Jenny on Monday, September 1, 2008 at 9:03pm.
i forgot how to solve problems like this...
2x^2-18x=0, x^2=6x+7, 6y^2+5y-6=0
also I need help on this one
SOLVE FOR X CORRECT TO 4 DECIMAL PLACES
- Math - Damon, Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 5:35am
try to factor first
2x (x-9) = 0
so x = 0 or x = 9
x^2 -6 x - 7 = 0
(x-7)(x+1) = 0
so x = 7 or x = -1
(6x-1)(x+1) = 0
x = 1/6 or x = -1
if you can not factor, complete the square or use the quadratic equation
x = [ -b +/- sqrt (b^2 - 4 a c) ] / 2a
x = [ -6 +/- sqrt (36 - 8) ] / 2
use calculator to 4 places
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - i forgot how to solve these types of problems.. 2x^2-18x=0, x^2=6x+7, ...
- Math - thanks for the answers, but I need to know how to solve the problems, so ...
- math,bobpursley - Is this the correct way to solve these math problems and are ...
- fifth grade math - How many decimal places are in the product of a number with ...
- algebra 2 - Solve the equation for x. Round your answer to two decimal places. ...
- Basic Math - I forgot how to solve for two variables... Please check if I solved...
- Math - Solve the exponential equation. Use a calculator to obtain a decimal ...
- Math - Solve for x,correct to TWO decimal places 4+5x>6x to the power 2
- English - It is very rude of you to behave like that. It is very wise of you to ...
- Logs. - Can you please help me with the following log. problems? thanxs! Solve ...