Posted by Eve on Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 6:37pm.
Hello. It's the beginning of the school year, and I've quite forgotten what I learned in Pre-Algebra...The question in the text book is this :
Simplify each pair of expressions.
1. 36 - 8 ÷ 2
(36 - 8) ÷ 2
There are several problems like the one above. Under the same set of directions, though, some problems look like this :
7. 3(9+2) - 8
With only one problem.
So, what am I supposed to do?
- Algebra - Eve, Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 6:42pm
And, once that's answered, the next set of directions don't make sense to me either.
Evaluate each expression for a = 3, b= 7, c = 4.
Does evaluate just mean...Answer?
- Algebra - Eve, Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 6:57pm
I believe that I understand the directions, now. Thank you though. It'd odd - Jiskha homework help used to work so much more quickly, in past years. I wonder what happened. Anyways, thanks again, and good luck with the other questions.
- Algebra - bobpursley, Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 7:29pm
Under the first two, do the operations in the correct order: Parentheisis, multiply, divide, add subtrract.
So on the first
36 - 8 ÷ 2, do the divide first:
36-4 then the subtract.
This will be a quite a different answer from the second.
Yes, on the last, it means evaluate.
- Algebra - Eve, Monday, September 1, 2008 at 1:05pm
Alright. I apologize for my rudeness. Thank you.
- Algebra - misty, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 4:46pm
15- n when n=9
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math/Pre Algebra HELP ME! - 1. What are the coefficients in the polynomial 5x^2...
- Pre-Algebra 7th Grade - how do I simplify the following expressions by ...
- algebra honors - I was placed into algebra honors instead of advanced math.. I ...
- Pre Algebra 7th Grade - How do I simplify the following expressions by ...
- Pre-Algebra - Use properties of equality to simplify each of the following ...
- Algebra - A Car is moving at an average speed of 60 km/h. Find the algebraic ...
- ALGEBRA - Contract the expressions. That is, use the properties of logarithms to...
- algebra - Why is it important to simplify radical expressions before adding or ...
- Math - Hello! I am needing some help on Algebra! It is hard ! Can you explain ...
- Algebra 2/ Radicals - Why is it important to simplify radical expressions before...