Posted by Lucy on Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 8:38pm.
State the period and phase shift of the function y=-4tan(1/2x + 3pi/8)
a) 2pi, -3pi/4
b) pi, 3pi/8
c) 2pi, 3pi/8
d) pi, -3pi/8
2) What is the equation for the inverse of y=cos x+3:
b) y=Arccos x-3
c) y=Arccos x+3
Thanks for your help
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - Reiny, Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 11:22pm
in y=-4tan(1/2x + 3pi/8)
y = -4 tan (1/2)[x + 3pi/4]
so the period is 2pi/(1/2) = 4pi which is none of your choices.
Did you type your questions or answers correctly??
the phase shift would be 3pi/4 radians to the left.
the inverse of y = cos x+3 is x = cos y+3
then cos y = x-3
and y = arccos(x-3)
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - Lucy, Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 11:59pm
I double checked my typing on the first problem and everything was entered correctly.
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - Reiny, Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 12:29am
then the book is wrong
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- trig - Solve cos x-1 = sin^2 x Find all solutions on the interval [0,2pi) a. x=...
- Trigonometry - 4. Write the equation of the cosine function with an amplitude ...
- Calculus - Determine whether the curve has a tangent at the indicated point. f(x...
- Pre-Cal(Please check) - 1) Find the Asymptotes: y = -2 sec 2pi x pi/2b and 3pi/...
- trig - Solve the equation for cos theta-tan theta=0 for greater than or egual to...
- pre cal - cosA (-7/25) pi < A < 3pi/2 sin B= -3/5 3pi/2 <B<2pi
- calculus - given the graph of f(x) = x sinx, 0<=x<=2pi assuming that a ...
- Analysis - Find the amplitude, period, and phase shift of the functions: f(x)=...
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - Write an equation of the tangent function with ...
- CALC HW - FIND THE X VALUES OF ALL POINTS, -2PI LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO X LESS ...