Posted by samma_chan on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 6:10pm.
I have to do 10 algebra problems by tomorrow........and i dont know how..... :(
1. 7x-1 = 2x+5
2. 3y+1 = 4y-6
3. 10-y = 2y+3
4. 6x+2 = 1-x
5. 3a-10 = 4+a
6. 5y+4 = 4y+5
7. b+3 = 2b-7
8. 2x-1 = x-3
9. 2w+3 = 4w-5
10. 6n+4 = n-11
please help in any way you can...thnx
- IMPOSSIBLE ALGEBRA >:( - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 6:17pm
7x-1 = 2x+5
First get the unknowns on one side of the equation.
7x - 2x = 6
5x = 6
x = 1.2
You can check that by substituting.
7(1.2) - 1 = 2(1.2) + 5
8.4 - 1 = 2.4 + 5
7.4 = 7.4
Now -- please try a couple on your own. We'll be glad to check them for you.
- IMPOSSIBLE ALGEBRA >:( partial answer - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 7:35pm
3y+1=4y-6 is Y= 1
1 + 6 = y
7 = y
10 - 3 = 3y
- IMPOSSIBLE ALGEBRA >:( - Tiffany, Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 8:43pm
I have this word problem that I can't figure out. The problem is:
A 15 lb weight is positioned 10 in. form a fulcrum. At what distance from the fulcrum must a 12 lb weigt be positioned to keep the scale balanced?
The substitute that I had today said that the 12 lb. weight would have to be further away from the fulcrum than the 15 lb., but my mom says the opposite.
- IMPOSSIBLE ALGEBRA >:( - stephanie garcia, Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 7:42pm
- IMPOSSIBLE ALGEBRA >:( - Harsh, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 12:52am
I have a trapezoid, and the bases are lengths 18 inches and 12 inches. Dividing the trapezoid into unequal parts are triangles. In other words, the trapezoid is divided into 7 unequal triangles. 4 triangles are shaded. How do I find the area of the shaded region of the trapezoid?
Answer this Question
- algebra - what is a formula???? i dont know what it is!!!!!! :[ help there's a ...
- algebra - need help with 2 questions first It has been a long time since I did ...
- algebra - can you tell me the process of how to simply problems like this so i ...
- algebra - i hav finals tomorrow in algebra 1 any easy tip i can have to remember...
- Algebra - Do you know a site with some practice problems for a quadratic formula...
- algebra - I need some help with some algebra problems please. I dont under stand...
- College Algebra - x/(2x-4)-7=1/(x-2).. How I clear this denominator if I must ...
- Algebra 1 lvl 1 - Hi, I have a test tomorrow and our teacher gave us a huge ...
- algebra - hi i need help on these problems..i have tried online to do it myself ...
- Algebra - were suppose to see if its a function or not and i dont get these ...