Posted by Doris on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:45pm.
How do you do this? I am lost. My topic I chose is Homeless.
Summary of the Research Process
I. Begin the project.
A. Think about the assignment.
B. Analyze your audience and the purpose for which you are writing.
C. Select an appropriate topic.
D. Formulate a viable argument.
1. If your argument is too broad or too narrow, or if it does not follow the prescribed criteria, select another topic.
2. Turn your argument into a thesis statement.
II. Conduct research and utilize sources.
A. Create a list of requirements.
B. Gather sources.
1. Evaluate sources.
2. If you cannot find enough research, or if you find too much research, choose another topic or modify your focus.
C. Utilize sources.
1. Write down quotations, summaries, and paraphrases to use in your paper.
2. Keep track of your sources by formatting them using APA guidelines.
III. Organize and write the paper.
A. Revise your thesis based on the research you have completed and on the shape you wish your paper to take.
B. Create a full-sentence outline.
1. If you do not have enough information for your outline, conduct more research.
2. Logically organize the information in your outline to defend your thesis in the strongest manner possible.
C. Write your first draft.
IV. Revise the paper.
A. Revise and edit your paper a number of times.
B. Have someone else review your paper.
1. Determine which suggestions you will implement.
2. Determine which suggestions you will not implement.
C. Proofread your paper one last time.
Answer this Question
research writing as a process - Question 1 What is one of the first steps in a ...
Research Writing - Anyone know of any reliable websites for Research on topic ...
research writing as a process - Which of the following is a goal you may want to...
research writing as a process - 6.What's the next step to choosing a topic once ...
Modern History - Hi Guys! Okay sweet, here goes. I'm supposed to be keeping a ...
American History - I'm doing a research project and it has to be at least 3 ...
math - I need help with assignment, could you please help me on this, I only ...
Research Report - I'm doing a research report about the Stonehenge. My thesis is...
college - Assignment Testing a Theory Write at least 300 words describing a time...
english! - Make sure you understand the topic(s) is a step in the research ...