Posted by Doris on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:45pm.
How do you do this? I am lost. My topic I chose is Homeless.
Summary of the Research Process
I. Begin the project.
A. Think about the assignment.
B. Analyze your audience and the purpose for which you are writing.
C. Select an appropriate topic.
D. Formulate a viable argument.
1. If your argument is too broad or too narrow, or if it does not follow the prescribed criteria, select another topic.
2. Turn your argument into a thesis statement.
II. Conduct research and utilize sources.
A. Create a list of requirements.
B. Gather sources.
1. Evaluate sources.
2. If you cannot find enough research, or if you find too much research, choose another topic or modify your focus.
C. Utilize sources.
1. Write down quotations, summaries, and paraphrases to use in your paper.
2. Keep track of your sources by formatting them using APA guidelines.
III. Organize and write the paper.
A. Revise your thesis based on the research you have completed and on the shape you wish your paper to take.
B. Create a full-sentence outline.
1. If you do not have enough information for your outline, conduct more research.
2. Logically organize the information in your outline to defend your thesis in the strongest manner possible.
C. Write your first draft.
IV. Revise the paper.
A. Revise and edit your paper a number of times.
B. Have someone else review your paper.
1. Determine which suggestions you will implement.
2. Determine which suggestions you will not implement.
C. Proofread your paper one last time.
Answer this Question
english - If you go to the Internet and do a research for statistics to back up ...
Research Writing - In addition to the CWE, what other writing tools are ...
research writing - Emotional Appela has no place in expository writing. Do you ...
English - When your writing any type of research paper are you writing in past ...
writing - What steps in the research process do you find most valuable? What are...
research writing - CheckPoint: Annotated Bibliography As part of the writing ...
research - How to write a rationale of the study in research? What are its ...
UOP-ETH 125 - I am starting the writing process for an autobiographical research...
research writing as a process - how can I turn this into a appropriate research ...
COM 220 - o What was your experience with the Center for Writing Excellence in ...