Posted by Shay on Monday, August 25, 2008 at 4:49pm.
seven people meet and shake hands with eachother- how many handshakes occur?
using inductive reasoning, write a formula for the number of handshakes if the number of people is n
- Math - Damon, Monday, August 25, 2008 at 6:57pm
combinations of n objects taken r at a time
C(n,r) = n!/[r!(n-r!)]
C(7,2) = 7!/[2!(5!)]
first person shakes with 6
second person with 5
third with 4
6th with 1
6+5+4+3+2+1 = 21 sure enough
- Math - Lun, Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 1:01pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry (sorta) - seven people meet and shake hands with eachother- how many ...
- Math1 - An undisclosed number of friends gather for dinner. Each person shakes ...
- Math(Please Help!) - An undisclosed number of friends gather for dinner. Each ...
- Education Psychology - Steve ponders a math problem that asks for the number of ...
- Algebra - A scientist wants to research the potential spread of germs by contact...
- math - there are 8 people in a committee. each time they meet they shake hands ...
- Math - On the first day of school everyone wants to shake hands. How many ...
- math - If 8 people went to a party and each person shook hands at least one time...
- Math - A sociology seminar has 7 members (a) They begin each meeting with each ...
- math - How many people were at a party if There were 105 handshakes at a party ...