Posted by Vic on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 8:34pm.
can you give me feedback on this poem I penned. Good or bad, I would like your opinion.
A violin untouched for years
A bow waiting to be strung
Chords waiting to be played
Strings waiting to be rung
A door creaks open softly
The timber is bathed in light
The echoes of a better past
Emanate into the night
A man picks up the violin
As if it was his only child
The bridge aches of neglect
The yew has a feel of wild
The bow is picked up next
And string is put to string
He knows not its sound
Nor the melancholy it brings
Despite his brave attempts
The violin knows no song
For the effects of yesteryear
Have rested it far too long
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Which is not an example of an idiom found in "Miss Rosie"? a. "when I ...
- statistics - A study of checkout lines at the Safeway revealed that between 4-...
- English - What are some good and bad puns? These ones in my opinion are bad: *...
- History - I have a few questions about ladies-in-waiting in medieval times. Were...
- English - I need to re-write a poem into a free verse, but I'm not very good at ...
- 8th grade math - I need to create a scatter plot using data for Old Faithful ...
- English- please check - I need to re-write a poem into a free verse, but I'm not...
- ECON - For your twenty-first birthday, your grandfather offers you a gift of $...
- Engineering Econonmy - For your 21st birthday, your grandfather offers you a ...
- English - Could you (whoever "you" are) please read my poem and give feedback? ...