Posted by John S on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 1:18pm.
How is the quote "Hasn't it occurred to you yet that we are serving a mass murderer [Adolf Hitler]?" significant or important?
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 1:29pm
Of course Hitler was behind the mass murder of 6 million Jews in the Holocaust. However, the significance or importance of that quote depends upon who said it and when.
Social Studies - John S, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 1:34pm
It was said by a superior officer in 1943 or 1944 (during WWII). The officer had said it to a soldier. Both were Nazis.
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 1:37pm
We tend to assume that ordinary Germans, including soldiers, didn't know about the Holocaust. This quote shows that many or most of them did know about the state-established mass murders. At that time, uttering such words could have been considered treason, though.
Social Studies - Tommy, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:10pm
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:12pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - What are 6 significant events important to Americans that ...
- History - I have a question about Adolf Hitler. Was Hitler really Jewish? If he ...
- Social Studies (Reed)(Check) - Which countries did the following leaders lead ...
- social studies - ways to protect the konark monument Hasn't the mortar failed, ...
- social studies - Why do you think the cities of Judaea were all important ...
- Language Arts - What did Adolf Hitler do to the Jews at that time?
- Language Arts - How was the life of Adolf Hitler as he was growing up?
- english - The similarities between both, Macbeth and Hitler are that they both ...
- Global History - what was Adolf Hitler's goal during the National Socialist ...
- Physics - Adolf and Ed are wearing harnesses and are hanging from the ceiling by...