Posted by Sherry on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 8:05am.
What is it called when you use one word to draw a picture of that word. The letters must be all the same way? I know Ive seen pictures like this in like Dentist office?
Art - bobpursley, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 9:31am
" Drawing words" is the term I have heard. Here is an example of drawing boy...
Now a related task is to used words to draw pictures, poets have long done that in poetry.
"Sliding out of bed with cow feet.."
"With heart heavy as stone.."
"The babe lay still with only moth breaths..."
Art - GuruBlue, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 9:50am
Art - Sherry, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 12:54pm
Thanks for your help!
Art - SraJMcGin, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 10:03am
You may be looking for the word ambigram which is something you can do with Word Art:
(Broken Link Removed)
I remember a French poet who was marvelous at it; I believe it was Apollinaire.
Art - Tim, Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 3:43am
I agree with Sra that you are probably thinking of an ambigram. You might want to check out FlipScript ambigrams where you can create one of these designs from any two words you type in.
Good luck, Sherry
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- prefixes,suffixes,roots - do i type in the root word for example [agr] in the ...
- math - when you are multiplying an equation how do you find like terms The ones ...
- 7th Grade English-Word Puzzles/Pictures - I need help with word pictures/puzzles...
- Englsih - 1. She didn't go to a dentist. 2. She didn't go to see a dentist. 3. ...
- Science - Need help with what a cell is like or not like and what metabolism is ...
- Word Processing - I'm a GranMa in my 60's trying to learn Word/Windows. I ...
- art - I have homework in art where, every week, I must look up an art definition...
- microsoft word - In Microsoft Word, how can I get words to slant at an angle ...
- French - I need help with these four questions It goes with a crossword puzzle ...
- Social Studies - This is kind of a weird question, but, I need to do a Medieval ...