Posted by TK on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:00am.
I'm having some torubles understanding these question.
Sketch y1 = x-3 and y2 = 1/x-3 on the same set of axis
a) What is the relationship between the zero of y1, and vertical asymptote of y2?
Does the question mean when y1 = 0?. I know the vertical asymptote is just a vertical line on the graph that gets closer and closer and closer to, but doesn't actually touch.
c)When y1 has a large positive value, explain what happens to the value of y2. Similarly, when y1 has a large negative value what happens to y2? Explain why this happens.
I know if the y1 value gets larger, so does the x value. But how does y1 having a large value even affect the value of y2, when they're both different graphs.
I appreciate any help. Thanks.
- Maths - Recipricals - drwls, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:57am
a) y1 = 0 at x = 3. The asymptote of y2 is a vertical line at x = 3.
(c) When y1 has a large negative value, you are in the region of large negative x. In that same region, y2 approaches 0 asymptotically from below the x axis.
- Maths - Recipricals - TK, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:57am
I wrote y2 wrong
It's suppost to be y2 = 1/(x-3)
- Maths - Recipricals - drwls, Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 6:23am
That is what I assumed you meant. My answer remains the same
- Maths - Recipricals - Kayla, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 5:31pm
How many 3/4 are in 3?
- Maths - Recipricals - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at 8:31pm
well you see i dont know
- Maths - Reciprocals - Shinigami, Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 12:17am
just divide 3 by .75:
Answer this Question
- alg. - Determine which two equations represent perpendicular lines. a) y=2x - 6 ...
- graphing exponential function - P(x) = -(x-a)^4 (x-b)^3 (x-c) where a>0, b<...
- Algebra I - Describe a real world relationship between the area of a rectangle ...
- maths - F(x)=cos2x and g(x) =-sin x. Sketch the graphs of f and g on the same ...
- college algebra - find the zero's for the following polynomial and give the ...
- Macroeconomics - inflation vs unemployment!!!! - I had to graph both the U.S. ...
- Maths - Hi, I have to produce a sketch of a line that passes through the points...
- Math - Show that the set [(3,-2,4),(1,2,-1), (-6,4,-8) is linearly dependent by ...
- chemistry 12 - hey i was wondering, i have this question: Sketch a pH curve for ...
- Maths - I'm after understanding more than an answer but an answer would be ...