Posted by JIYA on Friday, August 8, 2008 at 4:57pm.
Which one of the following sentence represents an example of an effective
A. An animal is a living creature that is not human.
B.An animal is different from a vegetable or mineral.
C.All animals are the same in some ways,
yet different in others.
D.An animal is a living creature that moves and ingests food through a mouth.
Answer :C or D
Both sounds o.k , but which one is correct
- ENGLISH - Writeacher, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:00pm
Please reread them. One of them doesn't define anything, just says there are similarities and differences.
- ENGLISH - JIYA, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:06pm
That's why it is a bit confusing ,but this is exactly how it is the text book.
- ENGLISH - Writeacher, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:08pm
Sentence C is simply saying there are similarities and differences among animals. That's not a definition.
Sentence D has details about an animal.
Sentence A tells what an animal isn't -- not a good definition.
Sentence B also tells what animals are not.
- ENGLISH - JIYA, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:41pm
I guess D is more likely as it little bit describes an animal.
- ENGLISH - Joe, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 6:45pm
It sort of depends on how you want to define "effective," since the examples that would seem to work ("A" and "D") aren't actually true.
Answer this Question
- English II - Animal Farm - My assignment is to find the human vice that each of ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences,please. Thank you very ...
- English - Correct the following sentence or choose D if correct. The oldest ...
- English - 1. A hippo is an animal which has a big mouth. 2. A hippo is an animal...
- English - Could you please check the following sentences for me? Thank you. 1) ...
- Adpot- a- Animal - Does anyone know of a site with a cheap, trustworthy, adopt ...
- Punctuation - Are these punctuated correctly? 1.Depression is often a genetic ...
- english - how to rewrite this sentence Hibertnation helps an animal with an ...
- English 4 help - 1. Which of the following statements is the best example of a ...
- using skills - Animal observation and investigations usually begin with A. ...