Posted by JIYA on Friday, August 8, 2008 at 4:57pm.
Which one of the following sentence represents an example of an effective
A. An animal is a living creature that is not human.
B.An animal is different from a vegetable or mineral.
C.All animals are the same in some ways,
yet different in others.
D.An animal is a living creature that moves and ingests food through a mouth.
Answer :C or D
Both sounds o.k , but which one is correct
ENGLISH - Writeacher, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:00pm
Please reread them. One of them doesn't define anything, just says there are similarities and differences.
ENGLISH - JIYA, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:06pm
That's why it is a bit confusing ,but this is exactly how it is the text book.
ENGLISH - Writeacher, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:08pm
Sentence C is simply saying there are similarities and differences among animals. That's not a definition.
Sentence D has details about an animal.
Sentence A tells what an animal isn't -- not a good definition.
Sentence B also tells what animals are not.
ENGLISH - JIYA, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:41pm
I guess D is more likely as it little bit describes an animal.
ENGLISH - Joe, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 6:45pm
It sort of depends on how you want to define "effective," since the examples that would seem to work ("A" and "D") aren't actually true.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English II - Animal Farm - My assignment is to find the human vice that each of ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences,please. Thank you very ...
- English - Could you please check the following sentences for me? Thank you. 1) ...
- English 4 help - 1. Which of the following statements is the best example of a ...
- English - 1. He has a lot of interesting looks. 2. He has a lot of interested ...
- writing - Can you proofread my writing? Have you ever read the story, ‘Animal ...
- English - Correct the following sentence or choose D if correct. The oldest ...
- Math - At Paw's Pet Store, 2animals share each cage.The table below shows how ...
- Causal Argument Paper - Hello, I am needing help formulating a question for my ...
- english - Of all of the characters in Animal Farm, are there any who seem to ...