Posted by JIYA on Friday, August 8, 2008 at 4:57pm.
Which one of the following sentence represents an example of an effective
A. An animal is a living creature that is not human.
B.An animal is different from a vegetable or mineral.
C.All animals are the same in some ways,
yet different in others.
D.An animal is a living creature that moves and ingests food through a mouth.
Answer :C or D
Both sounds o.k , but which one is correct
- ENGLISH - Writeacher, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:00pm
Please reread them. One of them doesn't define anything, just says there are similarities and differences.
- ENGLISH - JIYA, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:06pm
That's why it is a bit confusing ,but this is exactly how it is the text book.
- ENGLISH - Writeacher, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:08pm
Sentence C is simply saying there are similarities and differences among animals. That's not a definition.
Sentence D has details about an animal.
Sentence A tells what an animal isn't -- not a good definition.
Sentence B also tells what animals are not.
- ENGLISH - JIYA, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 5:41pm
I guess D is more likely as it little bit describes an animal.
- ENGLISH - Joe, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 6:45pm
It sort of depends on how you want to define "effective," since the examples that would seem to work ("A" and "D") aren't actually true.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English II - Animal Farm - My assignment is to find the human vice that each of ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences,please. Thank you very ...
- English - Correct the following sentence or choose D if correct. The oldest ...
- English - 1. A hippo is an animal which has a big mouth. 2. A hippo is an animal...
- English - Could you please check the following sentences for me? Thank you. 1) ...
- Adpot- a- Animal - Does anyone know of a site with a cheap, trustworthy, adopt ...
- Punctuation - Are these punctuated correctly? 1.Depression is often a genetic ...
- english - how to rewrite this sentence Hibertnation helps an animal with an ...
- English 4 help - 1. Which of the following statements is the best example of a ...
- using skills - Animal observation and investigations usually begin with A. ...