Posted by Tommy on Monday, August 4, 2008 at 7:12am.
1A> What is the coefficient of x^(2r) in the expansion of (1-x^2)^n, where n is a positive integer ?
1B> Find the coefficient of (1+x)^7 (1-x) ^8
Thanks for your help :)
- Binomal Theorem - drwls, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 8:45am
1A> There is no x^(2r) term. Do you mean the x^2 term coefficient?
1B> Which coefficient do you want? You only ask for one, but there are 15 of them.
This web site will tell you how to use the binomial theorem to get the coefficients of polynomials:
- Binomal Theorem - Tommy, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 10:41am
in the first part, r is any integer.
in the second part, i wanna find the coefficient of x^7
- Binomal Theorem - Tommy, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 10:43am
actually my teacher didn't teach me anything about binomial theorem. This topic is self-studied.
- Binomal Theorem - Brandon, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 2:47pm
We did this in Algebra III, but I can not remember how to do it. What course does this fall under for you, Tommy? Is there a section in your textbook that mentions this, possibly as an extension or application or some such extra bonus material?
- Binomal Theorem - Tommy, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 10:59pm
It is additional maths.
I learnt the binomial theorem, the (r+1) term theorem, how to expand the binomial expression using the the pascal triangle.
- Binomal Theorem - kings, Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 3:56pm
pls help me with this binomial expansion
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Use the Binomial Theorem to determine the coefficient of x^14 in the ...
- Math - another question - "In the expansion of (2-ax)^5 the coefficient of x^2 ...
- maths-binomial theorem - coefficient of x^39 in the expansion of [(1/x^2) + x^4...
- Finite Math - What is the coefficient of y^14 in the expansion of (x+y)^14? What...
- Probability - Roll 3 dice. What is the probability of getting a sum of: A) sum ...
- Integrated Math 1 - What is the coefficient of the xy^2 term in the expansion of...
- maths - The coefficient of x^2 is 69 in the expansion of (1-ax)^24, where a>0...
- physics - The coefficient of apparent expansion of a liquid when determined ...
- same type of binomial theorem question - Question: Find the first 3 terms in the...
- Physics - In my lab of linear expansion, I need to find out the coefficient of ...