Posted by Sunflower on Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 11:36pm.
Algebra - drwls, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 12:03am
Is the ^ supposed to represent that what follows is an exponent? You have exponents added on top of exponents.
Since the whole thing is raised to the zero power, the result is 1, no matter what x, y and z are.
A trick question, perhaps.
Algebra - Sunflower, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 12:05am
This is what the professor gave use to do. Is there anyway you can so me how you got 1?
Algebra - drwls, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 12:08am
Any number to the zero power is 1.
Why? Because for ANY number N
N / N = 1 = N^1 * N*-1 = N^0
Algebra - Sunflower, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 12:11am
Algebra - DrBob222, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 12:14am
Any number raised to the zero power is 1.
50,000^0 = 1.
6,245^0 = 1
Try seeing it this way.
X^3*X^-3 = X3-3 = X0 but
X^3*X^-3 = X^3/X3 = 1; therefore, it follows that X0 = 1
Algebra - drwls, Monday, August 4, 2008 at 9:24am
"question 1" looks like two questions. The first one needs more parentheses to explain the order of operations. The second one cannot be solved becasue it contains two variables.
This thread has gone on long enough. Post new questions by clicking "Post a New Question" at the top of the page
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I am getting ready to start an Algebra class for the first time and I ...
- SHAY - THE MATH QUESTION IS IT ALGEBRA , PRE ALGEBRA' OR GEOMETRY? Quadriatic ...
- Algebra 1A - How is algebra a useful tool? what concepts investigated in algebra...
- Algebra I - So- im trying to help my little brother out with his Algebra- but ...
- Algebra-still need some help - Homework Help Forum: Algebra Posted by Jena on ...
- algebra 1 - at a certain high school,350 students are taking algebra. the ratio ...
- Algebra - y^2-x-4=0 a)find all x and y intercepts of the graph implied by this ...
- algebra - Is there a site or someone who can help me, im not getting the basic ...
- 7th grade - There are at least 5 more than twice as many students taking algebra...
- algebra 2 - Posted by hellogoodbie on Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:24pm. ...