Posted by Caitlin on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 3:51pm.
What type of channel conflict is likely to be caused by dual distribution, and what type of conflict can be reduced by direct distribution? Why?
VERTICAL- occurs between different levels in a marketing channel; for example, between a manufacturer and a wholesaler or between a wholesaler and a retailer. Three sources of vertail conflict: (1) when a channel member bypasses another member and sells or buys products direct, a practice called disintermediation. (2) disagreements over how prodfits are distributed among channel members. (3) when manufacturers believe wholesalers or retailers are not viving their products adequate attentionl.
HORIZONTAL- occus between intermediaries at the same level in a marketing channel, such as between two or more retailers or two or more wholesalers that handle the same manufacturer's brands.
Marketing2 - Anonymous, Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 11:18am
Identify which channel of distribution will provide the best coverage of the target market for your product or service
Marketing2 - Anonymous, Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 3:36pm
What type of conflict can be reduced by direct channel
Marketing2 - shehu ahmat, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:19am
nefinal conplict management in distribution
Marketing2 - Anonymous, Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 4:47pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- principles of marketing - Once you have developed your product/service, you then...
- Marketing - I created a business for my class, and its a candy company that ...
- Marketing - What type of conflict can be reduced by direct distribution? Why?
- math - Erika spent5/6 hr. on her computer visiting the History Channel and the ...
- MATH - Erika spent 5/6 hr on her computer visiting the history channel and the ...
- math - Erika spent 5/6 hr on her computer visiting the history channel and the ...
- Marketing - D) Explain why distribution frequenly purchased goods like Mars bars...
- Marketing - What are some of the functions that insurance agents perform in the ...
- Producing - well ya i have a question I left my notes @ school I need to know ...
- Introduction to Marketing - Identify which channel of distribution will provide ...