Posted by Sarah on Monday, July 28, 2008 at 9:07am.
ich habe du geliebt
ich habe du gevertraut (vertrauen
aber dich pleite mein
herz in zwei
- ist es richtag? - GuruBlue, Monday, July 28, 2008 at 9:18am
I have loved you
I have you gevertraut (trust)
but you broke mine
hug in two
- ist es richtag? - drwls, Monday, July 28, 2008 at 10:29am
First of all, the word for "correct" is richtig, not richtag.
GuruBlue's translation is close, but should be:
I have loved you
I have trusted you
but you broke my
heart in two.
("in zwei" in German is usually "entzwei", but means the same thing)
- ist es richtag? - E.G., Monday, July 28, 2008 at 11:31am
Sarah, this is strange German!
It should be:
Ich habe DICH geliebt
Ich habe DIR vertraut
Aber du hast mein Herz
entzwei gebrochen (or: Du hast mein Herz zerbrochen)
Du (du bist schön)you are beautiful
Dir (ich gehe mit dir)I go with you
Dich (ich sehe dich)I see you
the word "pleite" is referring to a different kind of "broke" - namely
"penniless" or "out of business"
- ist es richtag? - E.G., Monday, July 28, 2008 at 11:38am
"ist es richtig" means "is it right"
but if you want to say: "Is THIS right" then you would say: "ist DAS richtig".
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- German - Could someone please check if this is correct German? Thanks. Wenn man ...
- german - Can someone check if everything is OK? Thank you. Ich habe Weihnachten ...
- german - 1. Fill in the correct comparative form: Fußball ist ______ Golf. (...
- German - I really need someone to check this short paragraph for me. I'm not a ...
- german - Hey guys. This is the last german translation this year, so Id ...
- deutsch F-Regeln - F-Regeln( Satz-Noiminalphrase, Verbalphrase) sind ein Teil ...
- German - Can somebody please check over my german homework? I really would ...
- Deutsch! Please Help Me. - Could you please proof read this short bit of text, ...
- German - Ich habe spiele gespielt. would this be correct for "I played games"?
- german - im in year 9 and i'm suppose to know lods in german but all i can ...