Posted by Kendra on Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 6:59pm.
I need help in preparing the following: 1) record the 2008 transactions in journal form. 2) prepared the stockholders equt7y section of the company balance sheet as of December 31, 2008. Assume net income for the year is $4000, 000
The stockholders equity section of Rigby Moving and Storage Company’s balance sheet as of December 31, 2007, appears at the top of the next page. The company engaged in the following stockholders equity transactions during 2008.
Common stock, $2 par value, 3000,000 shares
Authorized, 500,000 shares issued and outstanding
Additional paid-in capital
Total contributed capital
Total Stockholders Equity 2,480,00
Mar. 5 Declared a $.40 per share cash dividend to be paid on April 6 to stockholders of record on March 20.
Mar 20 Date of record
Apri. 6 Paid the cash dividend
June 17 Declared a 10% stock dividend to be distributed August 17 to stockholders of record on August 5.
The market value of the stock was $14 per share.
Aug. 5 Date of Record
17 Distributed the stock dividend
Oct. 2 Split its stock 2 for 1
Dec. 27 Declared a cash dividend of $.20 payable January 27, 2009, to stock holders or record on Janaury 14, 2009
Thank you so much
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Accounting - Ferguson Company was started in 2008 when it acquired $60,000 from ...
- accounting - On January 1, 2008 Touring company agreed to buy some equipment ...
- accounting - The two cases described below are independent of each other. Each ...
- Acounting - During 2012, the company completed the following selected ...
- accounts - The differences between the book basis and tax basis of the assets ...
- accounting - O'Hara Inc. made sales of $310,000 during 2008, it's first year of ...
- accounting - P13-4A The following financial information is for Inca Company. ...
- accounting - P15-1 Comparative statement data for Douglas Company and Maulder ...
- accounting - I have tried to figure out how to do this for four days and my ...
- accounting - Express the following comparative income statements in common- size...