Posted by Jason on Friday, July 25, 2008 at 12:39pm.
A corporation's board of directors
A. is selected by and cna be removed by management
B. can be voted out of power by the shareholders
C. has a lifetime appointment to the board
D. is selected by a vote of all corporate stakeholders
I read in the text book that a board of directors is appointed by the original stockholders and stockholders are the owners of the company, so (A) is not possible.
(B) is vague because a large public corporation may have millions of stockholders and I think in order vote a member of the board in or out of power a million person stockholder vote is ridiculous.
(C) has a lifetime appointment to the board....once again ridiculous, I can't think of anybody that his a lifetime position other than a parent or monarch.
So that leaves (D) .... Is D correct?
Finance (board of directors) - Ms. Sue, Friday, July 25, 2008 at 12:45pm
I don't think D is correct because of the definition of stakeholder.
Although a large public corporation may have millions of stockholders, very few of them actually vote at annual meetings. Therefore, B is correct.
Finance (board of directors) - Damon, Friday, July 25, 2008 at 2:58pm
Agree, every year you get proxy vote forms in the mail where you can vote for or against board members if you are a share owner.
Finance (board of directors) - brittany, Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 4:40pm
B is the correct answers its in the finance book look up stakeholders and read that section
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- finance 3 questions - Some analysts believe that the term structure of interest ...
- Finance - Blue Moon Corporation has one million shares of common stock ...
- Business - how do the purpose and function of the board of directors in a human ...
- math - A board of directors consisting of eight members is to be chosen from a ...
- Business Law - MBA - Major formed the Dix Corporation for the purpose of ...
- finance part 2 - 11. Whit a Subchapter S corporation A. corporate income is ...
- Human Resource Management - how to address the board of directors that ...
- Business- Labor - how sympathetic are you to the statement of a former general ...
- Human Service Management - What method of ethical oversight (a code of ethics, ...
- Human Resources Management - The Primary function of the Fed's Board of ...