Posted by rose- (Ms. Sue) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:37pm.
Investigatethe official language movement (an important Hispanic American cultural interest) described on pp. 243-44 of the text by researching bilingualism in education and politics in the United States. Find 4 to 6 credible Web sites or articles that support, oppose, or simply present information about bilingualism in education or politics. Most sources will focus exclusively on either topic of education or politics, so try to find at least two sources per topic.
I need 6 credible web site)
eth- need some info. please - Writeacher, Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:45pm
Stephen Krashen (in California) and Jim Cummins (in Canada) are two men who have been researching how languages are acquired (better term than learned), as well as the development of bilingualism in a person and the effects on all other subjects he/she studies and the other facets of his/her life.
You can also search here for both of them. They are excellent.
eth- need some info. please - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:48pm
I consider all of these sites credible, primarily because their URLs end in edu (educational institution) or org (organization). Note the second site from Northern Arizona University links dozens of sites about bilingual education. The last site is biased, but provides a good argument for monolingual ballots.
(Broken Link Removed)
(Broken Link Removed)
eth- need some info. please - Amanda, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 11:06am
I need help finding two creditable sources about bilingualism in politics. Please help my essay is due today. Thank you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ethnics - The Official Language Movement · Resources: Racial and Ethnic Groups...
- ethnics 125 - Investigate the official language movement which is an important ...
- eth 125 - Investigate the official language movement(an important Hispanic ...
- ETH/125 - Find four to six credible Web sites or articles that support, oppose, ...
- eth - Find 4 to 6 credible Web sites or articles that support, oppose, or simply...
- ethics - I need help finding 4 to 6 credible Web sites or articles that support...
- ETH - How do you feel about bilingualism in education and politics in the United...
- eth125 - what are credible resources about bilingualism and education,and ...
- eth. need some info please - What are the most significant similarities between ...
- ETH/125 - I am having a hard time finding credible sources that support or ...