Posted by Izzy on Monday, July 21, 2008 at 1:41pm.
If you have the equation y=-1/2x-4
How would you set up a table for the equation for x, y (xy)?
- Algebra - Damon, Monday, July 21, 2008 at 1:57pm
Do you mean
a) y = [-1/(2x)] -4
b) y = -(1/2)x - 4
c) y = -1 / (2x-4)
- Algebra - Izzy, Monday, July 21, 2008 at 2:51pm
It is a table with x in the first box at the top y is in the second box and (xy) is the third box. Now under each varable you are supposed to complete the table using the equation. There are 5 rows down under each varable.
x y (xy)
Then solve for x, y and (x,y)
- Algebra - Damon, Monday, July 21, 2008 at 9:44pm
But I do not know what your equation is. Do you mean a, b, or c ?
if it is b then
y = -(1/2)x - 4 is the same as x = -2(y+4)
now if y = -1 is given
then x = -6
and xy = 6
if x = -2 is given
then y = -3
and xy = 6
if y = -4 is given
then x = 0
and xy = 0
Answer this Question
- math, correction - the equation is and directions are: graph x-y=-2 so then the ...
- ALGEBRA - The table below shows two equations: Equation 1 |3x - 1| + 7 = 2 ...
- algebra - solve the system by graphing x+y=4 y=2x+1 I think these are the kind ...
- Math - The graph of the equation y=4-x consists of all the points in the ...
- Algebra - Thank you Christina.. I am taking Algebra online...something I would ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - I completed a lab to find the determination of Kc. I ...
- maths - What would the equation be of a straight line that passes through the ...
- algebra - suppose you want to add a sprinkler system, and location of one ...
- Calculator help - i have a ti 83, and i want to plug this equation r=1+cos(theta...
- solution of an equation - can someone please give me an example of a solution of...