Posted by Adam on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:34pm.
1. The metaphor "No man is an island entire of itself" means:
a)everyone should participate in one religion to be unified
b)the puritan views are the correct views
c)all of mankind is a single unit, created by God
d) mankind lives apart from one another
I chose c.
2. The speaker of "On His Blindness" worries that he will not be able to:
a) read the Bible
b)see God's face
c) see the light
d) do God's work
I chose d.
3. The way the speaker addresses death in "Holy Sonnet 10" is:
*This one I'm really unsure about but he doesn't seem to be respectful, kind, or sympathetic..
so I chose d
4. The epic "Paradise Lost: suggests that the culture that produced it is:
a) a christian culture that believes in heaven and hell
b)an unforgiving culture
c) culture full of traditions
d) culture of hopelessness
I chose a.
5. In "The Pilgrim's Progress," Christian's journey symbolizes:
a)heaven and hell
b)any sinner's passage through life
c)the wicked ways of the world
d) both b and c
I chose b.
Could it be d?
6. The point the speaker makes about true liberty in "To Althea, from Prison" is:
a) imprisonment threatens liberty
b) unreturned love is like a prison
c)taking away the right to worship freely
d)prison can take away the freedom of one's mind or soul
Do you think my book made a typo on this one?
but, he doesn't face unreturned love, he still worships, and the main theme seems to be that prison can't take away freedom of mind or soul...
Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:48pm
#1 none of those make any sense at all. However, c comes the nearest.Look at this site:
I agree with #2 and #4, #5 I agree with b
Who was Holy Sonnet written by?
#6, check this site:
Literature - Adam, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 5:07pm
The Holy Sonnet was written by John Donne.
On 6, I still don't see any of those being the answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 12 - I need help on paraphrasing "No man is an Island" No man is an ...
- English/Lit - In "Holy Sonnet 10" (John Donne) the way the speaker addresses ...
- No particular subject -- Anyone please - I have a group project that needs to be...
- English - Read this passage from Donne’s “Meditation 17.” Then, answer the ...
- chemistry - Please, can someone help me? How do the submicroscopic and ...
- writeacher - re religious education - sorry to be a pain but could you read my ...
- English 102 - Can some one read this and give some feedback please! ...
- government 23 - the single most significant predictor of a person's partisan ...
- U.S. History - Which answer best defines the civic virtue "common good"? Common ...
- World History (Please, Check My Answer!) - How did American and British views of...