Posted by Adam on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:34pm.
1. The metaphor "No man is an island entire of itself" means:
a)everyone should participate in one religion to be unified
b)the puritan views are the correct views
c)all of mankind is a single unit, created by God
d) mankind lives apart from one another
I chose c.
2. The speaker of "On His Blindness" worries that he will not be able to:
a) read the Bible
b)see God's face
c) see the light
d) do God's work
I chose d.
3. The way the speaker addresses death in "Holy Sonnet 10" is:
*This one I'm really unsure about but he doesn't seem to be respectful, kind, or sympathetic..
so I chose d
4. The epic "Paradise Lost: suggests that the culture that produced it is:
a) a christian culture that believes in heaven and hell
b)an unforgiving culture
c) culture full of traditions
d) culture of hopelessness
I chose a.
5. In "The Pilgrim's Progress," Christian's journey symbolizes:
a)heaven and hell
b)any sinner's passage through life
c)the wicked ways of the world
d) both b and c
I chose b.
Could it be d?
6. The point the speaker makes about true liberty in "To Althea, from Prison" is:
a) imprisonment threatens liberty
b) unreturned love is like a prison
c)taking away the right to worship freely
d)prison can take away the freedom of one's mind or soul
Do you think my book made a typo on this one?
but, he doesn't face unreturned love, he still worships, and the main theme seems to be that prison can't take away freedom of mind or soul...
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:48pm
#1 none of those make any sense at all. However, c comes the nearest.Look at this site:
I agree with #2 and #4, #5 I agree with b
Who was Holy Sonnet written by?
#6, check this site:
- Literature - Adam, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 5:07pm
The Holy Sonnet was written by John Donne.
On 6, I still don't see any of those being the answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 12 - I need help on paraphrasing "No man is an Island" No man is an ...
- English/Lit - In "Holy Sonnet 10" (John Donne) the way the speaker addresses ...
- No particular subject -- Anyone please - I have a group project that needs to be...
- English - Read this passage from Donne’s “Meditation 17.” Then, answer the ...
- chemistry - Please, can someone help me? How do the submicroscopic and ...
- writeacher - re religious education - sorry to be a pain but could you read my ...
- English 102 - Can some one read this and give some feedback please! ...
- government 23 - the single most significant predictor of a person's partisan ...
- U.S. History - Which answer best defines the civic virtue "common good"? Common...
- World History (Please, Check My Answer!) - How did American and British views of...