Posted by Adam on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:18pm.
1. The Puritans changes English society when they took power by:
a)requiring all to attend church services three times a day
b)outlawing newspapers and entertainment
c) banished all catholics from england
d) none of the above
I chose b.
2. The tone of "Song" can best be described as:
I chose b.
3.The theme of the poem "Song" differs from the themes of the Renaissance poetry in that "Song":
a) does not idealize women on love
b) believes women are strong and intelligent
c) praises the mind of a woman, not the beauty
d) both b and c
I chose a.
4. The poem is called "Easter Wings" because:
a) easter is a time of cleansing
b) Easter is in spring and springtime is a time of renewal
c)wings are symbolic of heavenly beings
d) easter commemorates christ dying for our sins and herbert feels easter gives him wings and the ability to be saved and go to heaven
I chose d.
- Literature - Adam, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:28pm
"Song" by Donne
"Easter Wings" by George Herbert
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:16pm
#1... I find no evidence on any of those changes in English society under the Puritans.
#2 and #3... I agree with you.
#4 of the choices there, d would be the best. This site has a better analysis.
- Literature - Adam, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:25pm
- Literature - GuruBlue, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 3:34pm
You are totally welcome!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you very much. Can you check the word choice in the following ...
- US History - I have written a small essay on this question: Compare the ways in ...
- Geography - I have to write an essay on this topic: In an essay, discuss the ...
- English - Could you please check these sentences on the same theme? Thank you. I...
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me please? Thank you. 1 ...
- English - Here are some more sentences on the same theme. Thank you. 1) Puritans...
- Social Studies 7R - Decline of the Puritans During 1700s, the Puritan tradition...
- English - Thank you very much. I wrote a few more sentences for you to check. 1)...
- English - I tried to simplify some of the sentences, as you suggested to me. Can...
- English - Hello. One more question please. It's "all Catholics" but "all the ...