Posted by Jaime on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 7:08pm.
Please find the exact values:
- Trignonmetry - Damon, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 7:36pm
-3pi/4 = 2pi -3pi/4 = + 5 pi/4
so you really want tan 5pi/4 which is pi/4 below the -y axis
x = -1
y = -1
y/x = tangent = 1
sec 2 pi/3 = 1/cos 2 pi/3
that angle is between pi/2 and pi, second quadrant
pi - 2 pi/3 = pi/3 above -y axis
x = -1
y = +sqrt 3
sqrt(x^2+y^2) = hypotenuse = 2
cos(2pi/3) = -1/2
sec(2 pi/3)= -2
etc. draw the triangles
- Trignonmetry - Reiny, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 7:39pm
You should be familiar with the trig ratios of the 30-60-90º triangle as well as the 45-45-90º triangle
pi/4 radians <-----> 45º
pi/3 radians <-----> 60º
pi/6 radians <-----> 30º
all your given angles are multiples of these.
I will do the last one
cot(11pi/6) = 1/tan(11pi/6)
11pi/6 is in the fourth quadrant, in the fourth quadrant the tangent is negative, so the cotangent is negative.
The angle is pi/6 away from the x-axis, so the 'angle in standard position' is pi/6
tan pi/6 = 1/√3, so cot pi/6 = √3
then cot(11pi/6) = -√3
do the others the same way.
- Trignonmetry - Andrea, Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 9:09pm
What is sin of 660?
What is csc(-2pi)/3?
Answer this Question
- trigonometry repost - Reduce (csc^2 x - sec^2 X) to an expression containing ...
- Trig - Find the exact values of the six trigonometric functions 0 if the ...
- Math - 1. Let (-7, 4) be a point on the terminal side of (theta). Find the exact...
- Math - Trig - I'm trying to verify these trigonometric identities. 1. 1 / [sec(x...
- Trig verifying identities - I am having trouble with this problem. sec^2(pi/2-x...
- math - evaluate the expressions below and leave them in radical form. 1. sin(pie...
- Math - Trigonometry - Verify the following: 1. cos x/(1-sinx)= sec x + tan x 2...
- Pre Cal - Let P be the point on the unit circle U that corresponds to t. Find ...
- math - Determine the values of sin, cos, tan, csc, sec and cot at (-3, -3) on ...
- Precalculus check answers help! - 1.) Find an expression equivalent to sec theta...