Posted by Aniya on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 4:07pm.
Please help me solve this equation or maybe one like it......I keep doing it wrong.
I also keep doing this problem wrong. I have the answer but I don't understand how its done. Please help!!
Math Urgent - Quidditch, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 4:13pm
Each term on both sides has a factor (p+1). Divide all terms on both sides by (p+1). This will simplify it for you.
Math Urgent - Quidditch, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 4:16pm
Also, because of the (p+1) term remember that p=-1 will be a solution.
Math Urgent - Aniya, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 4:54pm
What about the first question??? Please help me with that one...
Math Urgent - Quidditch, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 5:06pm
I don't think you copied the first question correctly. Did you intend 2 equal signs?
Math Urgent - Quidditch, Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 5:45pm
square both sides, collect like terms and solve.
Here's the first step:
(k+3)^2 = (2k-1)^2
k^2 + 6k + 9 = 4k^2 - 4k + 1
Combine all the like terms. You might factor it out, but I would suggest using the quadratic equation.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - - ok... we keep getting this one wrong: Solve the following equation ...
- algebra 1 - -2/3z=-4/9 i tried to solve, but i keep on getting the wrong answer...
- PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE! - 1 )3x + 8y = 1 7x + 4y = 17 Answer: (3,1) 2) -3x + 5y...
- algebra - Solve for s in this equation. Depreciation. D=C-s/n This is my answer ...
- 8th Grade Algebra- Answer Check - Solve each system of equations, give the ...
- Calculus - Please help!! I keep solving this problem but I keep getting the ...
- Algebra - The answer in the book however says -(5x^2-17x-9)/(x-3)(x+2) so I don'...
- Physics Please COULD SOMEONE HELP ME ASAP PLZ - When an object is placed 55.0cm ...
- Math SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP - Find sin(θ), cos(θ), ...
- PHYSICS PLEASE HELP ASAP - When an object is placed 55.0cm from a certain ...