Posted by rose- (Ms. Sue) on Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 9:29pm.
Please guide me to some info or data in order to discuss this statement.
According Pyne, how have post-9-11 government responses affected prejudice and discrimination against Muslims, Arabs, and related groups?
List two to three characteristics of Orientalism. How many Orientalism and prejudice contribute to hate crimes against these groups?
In addition to the examples of tolerance identified in the article, what else can individuals do to promote tolerance and reduce prejudice in their towns and cities.
eth. need some info please - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 9:54pm
I don't have access to the article by Pyne, so you'll need to read it and make your own decision about what s/he said.
Orientalism is not a term that's used by most people. It basically means anything connected with Asia. Remember that Asia includes a large number of diverse cultures and nations -- Japan, Russia, India, Vietnam, Myanmar (Burma), Afghanistan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Korea, China, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Turkey, etc. In my opinion, Orientalism has nothing to do with prejudice against Muslims and Arabs.
Rose -- your Axia class is the only class in any college that uses Said's "Orientalism" as a source. It is not a mainstream book. I'd refuse to answer this question because it's a terribly biased and unsubstantiated source.
Check this site for more information.
The last question asks you to explain what you think.
eth. need some info please - rose- (Ms. Sue), Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 10:04pm
Thanks a lot Ms. Sue
eth. need some info please - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 10:06pm
You're welcome, Rose.
eth. need some info please - Brandon, Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 10:37pm
In my college-level "non-western" art history course the introduction to Edward W. Said's Orientalism was a required reading assignment. Mine was not definitely not an Axia class, either.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ethnic class - 1) according to pyne, how have post 9-11 government responses ...
- ethics - According Pyne, how have post-9-11 government responses affected ...
- eth 125 - "Making Enemies" by S. Pyne. According to Pyne, how have post 911 ...
- ethics - How have post 9-11 goverment responses affected prejudice and ...
- ETh - · Post a 200- to 300-word response in which you complete the following: o ...
- Cultural Diversity - Muslim and Arab Americans • Describe the impact of ...
- Cultural Diversity - Explain the difference between Muslims and Arabs. o ...
- ETH125 - Post a 200- to 300-word response in which you complete the following: ...
- eth. need some info please - What are the most significant similarities between ...
- eth/125 - Religious discrimination against Muslims and Arab-appearance people ...