Posted by tom on Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 7:03pm.
am needing help I have a paper due on compare and contast Normal and abnormal Psychology
My problem is I can not find no information on what is Normal psychology. I have found great information on abnormal psychology with no luck on normal psychology
can some one please explain it or give a site I can read on it I am not sure how I can compare and contast the two when I do not know exactily what Normal psychology is.
- psychology - SraJMcGin, Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 7:13pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. There are free essays online if you are interested, but it's better to do your own research.
2. (PDF file to download):
www.sidis.net/fnap19.htm - 16k
4. (about Normal):
5. (Encyclopaedia of Psychology definition): http://www.enotes.com/gale-psychology-encyclopedia/normal-2
6. (some essays): http://www.megaessays.com/essay_search/normal_psychology.html
- psychology - PsyDAG, Monday, July 7, 2008 at 12:35pm
It depends on what context you are using to define normality. Statistically, it would be behavior that is relatively close to the measures of central tendency (mean, mode and median).
However, if you are talking about mental disorders, persistent subjective discomfort or social non-conformity would be considered abnormal. Therefore, subjective comfort and relative social conformity would be considered normal. On the other hand, persistent and compulsive conformity is not considered normal.
Since conformity is one of the criteria, you need to consider the norm's of the person's culture — cultural relativity. What is normal in one culture might be considered abnormal in another.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PSY/410 - I need help finding information to this question please. I found some ...
- General Psychology - Compare and Contrast normal and abnormal psychology?
- psychology paper - Hello I have to write a paper and part of the paper is asking...
- PSY 410 Abnormal Psychology - HELP- My text book wont let me open on my laptop ...
- Psychology - Hello I to write a paper and part of the paper is asking for ...
- Abnormal Psychology - I have to create a timeline that displays the development ...
- abnormal psychology - Is this true or false Abnormal psychology examines the ...
- PSY/soo - Compare and contrast normal and abnormal psychology. · Examine at ...
- psychology - I have to define organizational psychology and the difference in ...
- jus wonderin - Why do you like Psychology?. What specific aspects of Psychology ...