posted by John on .
1. You should take care of yourself.
2. You should take care of you.
Is #2 ungrammatical? Is it a wrong expression? Do I have to use a reflexive pronoun as the object of 'of'?
3. He looked at him in the mirror.
4. He looked at himself in the mirror.
5. He looked at Tom in the mirror.
Do all have the different meanings? (From 3 to 5) Are they all grammatical?
6. He killed him.
7. He killed himself.
Are both the same? (From 6 to 7)
#2 is not grammatical
3,4, 5, ... are all correct but they do not mean the same thing at all.
6,7 ...are grammatical, but again they do not have the same meaning