Could someone review and correct my answers please. I need to decide if each item was an initiative only within Kennedy’s New Frontier, if it was proposed by both presidents, or if it was an initiative only within Johnson’s Great Society.
1. Head Start – Johnson’s Great Society
2. Peace Corps – Kennedy’s New Frontier
3. Job Corps – Johnson’s Great Society
4. Civil Rights Act – Both
5. Voting Rights Act – Johnson’s Great Society
6. New Food Stamp Program – Both
7. Medical Aid for the Elderly – Both
8. Medical Aid for the Poor – Both
9. Aid to Latin America – Johnson’s Great Society
10. Aid to Education – Both
11. Aid to Disadvantaged Neighborhoods – Both
12. Corporate Tax Benefits – Kennedy’s New Frontier
13. Funding for the Space Program – Kennedy’s New Frontier
14. Pollution Standards for Waterways – Johnson’s Great Society
15. Tighter Standard for Air Pollution - Both
16. Decreased Immigration Limits – Kennedy’s New Frontier
History - GuruBlue, Friday, July 4, 2008 at 2:08pm
#16 should be Johnson.
This site will be a good check your this material.
History - Ms. Sue, Friday, July 4, 2008 at 2:14pm
I believe all but this one are correct.
8. Wasn't Medicaid only a Johnson initiative, although it was discussed in Kennedy's administration?
By the way, many of these programs and their histories are detailed in Wikipedia.
History - aqWxSOHS, Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 12:40am