Posted by Lamp on Friday, July 4, 2008 at 4:17am.
I have a problem when doing the mail merge with Office 2003.
First of all, I wrote a letter in Word 2003 and then try to merge some data from Excel 2003. The data in Excel column was listed as below:
The data of A4 & A5 in recipient list are changed to 0 instead of the original ones.
How can I show "148A" and "181B" in Word 2003 (recipient list) when mail merging with such data?
(I've tried to add ' in front of those data in order to convert them into TEXT format, it works. But I have too many data to make it by manual.
Do you have any other solution instead?)
- Computer - Excel Mail Merge - Writeacher, Friday, July 4, 2008 at 9:35am
I've never had success using the mail merge with Word and Excel, so I would press the F1 key in each program, find the directions for mail merge, and print the directions out. Then I'd try again.
- Computer - Excel Mail Merge - SraJMcGin, Friday, July 4, 2008 at 9:56am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. No promises, but the first Tutorial may help:
- Computer - Excel Mail Merge - Lamp, Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 10:02pm
Thanks for both of your help.
It is quite confusing.
It becomes normal when I do it at home.
It means that the problem is not happened in computer A but B.
(Is it a setting Problem, if yes, how to solve it pls?)
My friend advise me to add ' in front of the data. It works.
But I have a lot of data, it is quite hard to add it one by one, do you have any other idea?
Answer this Question
- computer - The merge process involves two types of files, namely, A. mail merge ...
- word processing - How do you merge documents (from a table into a word document ...
- adult education - 19. When using mail merge, the part that contains variable ...
- power point - 19. When using mail merge, the part that contains variable ...
- word. - What are the three sections of the Mail Merge Helper dialog box?
- IT - In this assignment, you are going to be gathering information about the ...
- Algebra - 12. Determine if the following is a conjuction or disjunction. y + 4 &...
- computer - When creating a mail merge to send out a form letter, where should ...
- Beta - What does beta mean in terms of overall risk to a company? What are the ...
- media - 1. When you link a worksheet and a chart in a business report as well as...