Posted by anon on Monday, June 30, 2008 at 6:35pm.
We have to state why the following sentences are not gramatical:
a) Robin forced the sheriff go
(I know there should be a "to" before the go, but I don't get the "rule" of why its gramatically incorrect)
f) He came a large sum of money
g) Did in a corner little Jack Horner sit?
h) Elizabeth is resembled by Charles.
k) It is eager to love a kitten
l) That birds can fly amazes.
n) Has the nuse slept the baby yet?
O) I was surprised for you to get married.
p) I wonder who and Mary went swimming.
q) Myself bit John.
S) What did Alice eat the toadstool and?
- english - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 30, 2008 at 6:49pm
In sentence a) you need the "to" because "to go" is a necessary infinitive in this construction. Check out infinitives in this site.
f) He came INTO a large sum of money.
The way the sentence reads originally, "sum" is placed as a direct object. A preposition is needed to clarify the sentence.
g) The adverbial prepositional phrase, "in a corner," modifies sit -- so should be placed at the end of the sentence.
These explanations should get you started. If you post your answers to the rest of the sentences, we'll be glad to give you feedback.
- english - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:09pm
I wonder who and mary went swimming
- english - Juls, Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 5:01am
Wow thanks a lot!
- english - silindile, Monday, August 1, 2016 at 8:12am
what did alice eat the toadstool and?
answer: end should be putted behind toadstool
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Robin Hood is walking through Sherwood Forest when he comes upon ...
- grammar - I don't know how to correct these sentences that are gramatically ...
- English - help needed urgently - Are the following sentences semantically / ...
- history - Lord Selkirk implied that the French 1)were happy under English rule 2...
- ms sue - thanks - is this correct on string of nouns you need and before the ...
- Grammar - is saying "grammatically wrong" gramatically incorrect?
- chemistry - Which of the following sets of quantum numbers are not allowed. For ...
- english - Are the following sentences correct, gramatically? If yes, is there ...
- math - Can someone please help me on these I have look at the examples and done ...
- English - Which one of the following sentences contains an incorrect usage of ...