Posted by Bretagne on Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 9:44pm.
1. Explain how the U.S. became involved in the politics of Southeast Asia.
2. Explain how this involvement impacted the U.S. political climate of the 1950s.
I answered the first question I just don't understand the second part. I researched on the internet and read the chapter but I can't find anything. Any help or starter points would be wonderful.
History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 10:02pm
In the 1950s, the U.S. was battling Communism. We fought a long, bloody war in Korea to help South Korea remain democratic. In the 50s, a war between Communist and democratic sympathizers in Vietnam led to war there. The U.S. stepped in to help South Vietnam oppose the North and its Communist government. Check this site for more information.
History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 10:35pm
No, you're not slow. I didn't explain myself very well.
Our involvement in southeast Asia caused us to be concerned that this region would become Communist. This concern was one of the major political problems in the 50s. This concern culminated in the U.S. entering the Vietnam War in 1959.
History - Bretagne, Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 10:42pm
Ooo ok . . . thank you so much that makes so much sense. Thanks for the site too as it is very useful.
History - Rena, Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 10:18pm
how U.S. became involved in the politics of Southeast Asia
envirnomental science - Anonymous, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 6:28pm
Give a detailed description of the energy Energy problem
History - Candy, Friday, November 7, 2008 at 2:06am
Which countries suffered monetarily after WWII?
History - Candy, Monday, November 10, 2008 at 9:45am
what were the long-term repercussions of the Potsdam Conference?
History - Candy, Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 3:03pm
How do you see the Truman Doctrine fitting in with Monroe Doctrine and the Reagan Doctrine
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history. - Explain how this involvement impacted the U.S. political climate of ...
- history - Explain how this involvement affected the U.S. political climate of ...
- history - i need some finding a website for this assignment. I have to do a ...
- history - i have to do a power point presentation of 6-9 slides. no more than 1/...
- history plz help - Explain how the U.S. became involved in the politics of ...
- history(am i correct) - o Explain how the U.S. became involved in the politics ...
- history(answer incl, am i correct) - o Explain how the U.S. became involved in ...
- his135 - I have to do a project on power point for how the United States was ...
- history - Why did the U.S. become involved in the politics of Southeast Asia. ...
- history 135 - write a persuasive,formal letter (50 to 850 words) to a fellow ...