Posted by Mandy on Thursday, June 26, 2008 at 9:02pm.
b)The water line is given by the equation
Suppose you want to put a pink flamingo lawn ornament in your backyard, but you want to avoid placing it directly over the water line, in case you need to excavate the line for repairs in the future. Could you place it at the point (-4,-10)?
c)What is the slope and y-intercept of the line in part b? How do you know?
d)Suppose you want to add a sprinkler system, and the location of one section of the sprinkler line can be described by the equation
Complete the table for this equation.
x y (x,y)
e)What objects might be in the way as you lay the pipe for the sprinkler?
- Algebra - drwls, Friday, June 27, 2008 at 7:42pm
b) Plug in x=-4 and y=-10 into the equation
= -(2/3)x -12
If the equation is not satisfied, then there is no water line below.
(c) The slope is ths coefficient of the "x" term. The y-intercept is the constant term (-12 in this case). It is the value of y when x = 0.
(d) You should be able to do this yourself. All you do is pick a series of x values and calculate the corresponding y values. One point is x=0, y=-4
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH 116 - b) The water line is given by the equation y=-2/3x-12. Suppose you ...
- math - water line is given by the equation y= -2/3x-12 Suppose you want to put a...
- math 116 - a water line is given by the equation y = - 2/3x - 12 . Suppose you ...
- Algabra - Landscape designers often use coordinate geometry and algebra as they ...
- MAT 116 Algebra 1A - Appendix D Landscape Design Landscape designers often use ...
- algebra - Axia College Material Appendix D Landscape Design Landscape designers ...
- ALGEBRA - Landscape Design Landscape designers often use coordinate geometry and...
- Math - Appendix D Landscape Design Landscape designers often use coordinate ...
- English - 1. Which line from the poem "Wave best develops its tone? Wave My ...
- Maths - Your supervisor says that his wife has put an 18ft x 51ft garden in ...