Posted by Nicole on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 10:07am.
TOPIC: Write an essay in which ou analyze the changes in the literary selections you have read thus far, beginning with the Anglo-Saxon period and going through the seventeenth century. What differences do you notice in the topics, themes, and writing styles? What similarities are evident? Use selections from each unit and cite specific examples to support your opinions.
Heroic epics such as Beowulf
common theme: heroic deeds
predominately religious themesg
The Canterbury Tales
famous quest: search for the holy grail
Common theme: contempt for the world
predominately worldly themes
printing press revolutionized reading and thinking
themes: unrequitted love, idealistic and romantic depiction of life
Early 17th century:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Which statement most accurately contrasts the ideas of different ...
- Anglo-Saxon/Beowulf - I have to write a narrative poem in the Anglo-Saxon style ...
- English lit essay check - 7) Write an essay in which you analyze the changes in ...
- English - Edit and review please. Write an essay in which you analyze the ...
- English Lit. - Some critics have claimed that seeds of the courtly manner later ...
- english - Prompt B: Think about all of the selections you’ve read thus far by ...
- English - Analyze the prompt :In the following passage from The Scarlet Letter...
- English Literature - Help with writing a hook for an essay about Anglo-Saxon ...
- anglo-saxon,beowulf - creat a narrative poem in the Anglo- Saxon style of ...
- english - thesis - I have to write the introduction to literary essay on The ...