Posted by Mandi on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 1:18am.
I need some help with this question.
English to Spanish
The Princess used to sing.
The only way I though of writing it was (La Princess canta) and I think that is the present and not the past.
Spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 9:40am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. When you see "used to...." it will be the Imperfect. La princesa cantaba.
Spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 5:57pm
Now that I have more time, let me show you the English translations for different tenses.
ella canta = she singS, she DOES sing, she IS singING = Present
ella cantó = she sang, she DID sing = Preterit (a past tense)
ella cantaba = she used to sing, she WAS singING = Imperfect (a past tense)
ella cantará = she will (shall is dying out in English) sing = Future
ella cantaría = she WOULD sing = Conditional
ella ha cantado = she HAS sung = Present Perfect
ella había cantado = she HAD sung = Past Perfect
If you need any others, just let me know.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- spanish - Each of the Spanish sentences below is incorrect in either grammar or ...
- Spanish - Each of the Spanish sentences below is incorrect in either grammar or ...
- Spanish - I'm suppose to translate the English sentences into Spanish sentences...
- spanish my answers - Hello, could you please check this to see if I am on the ...
- Spanish - Does The Prince and Princess live at la Zarzuela near Madrid?
- English - 1. He went up. 2. Up he went. 3. Up went he. 4. The princess went up. ...
- Spanish - Hello. (= I'm writing a paper for extra credit in Spanish class, and I...
- Spanish - I know it would really be up to the school but I was just wondering. ...
- MATH - A beautiful Princess is locked inside the Castle. A Moat 15 metres wide ...
- History (urgent!) - Hi, I was wondering what a princess's job in the community ...