I searched for patient file correction and here are the search results:
Obviously, not everything in here is applicable to your first question, so you will need to read the most relevant articles and/or search again with different search terms.
You'll need to do this with every question in your assignment -- sometimes searching many times.
Here are a couple of websites that will help you greatly with MLA guidelines, including reference and citation:
(Broken Link Removed)
Use the list at the left as the table of contents.
Scroll all the way down to find specifics about the Works Cited page and how to do in-text citations.
And here is a page on transitions:
Hi, I'm doing this same research paper through Penn Foster. Go to the ama-assn site and type computer confidentiality in the top right search box. The second article "AMA Policy Finder" has some info on all the questions. It's article E-5.07 I'm still looking on other sites for enough info to write a paper with... but hopefully this will be a good start.
I am doing the same research paper for Penn Foster.
I found the E-5.07 Computer Confidentiality paper but could not find enough supporting information to write the requested paper.
I have been searching the internet for almost two months at every Medical, Legal, Ethical, Government, Computer site I can find....nothing. HIPAA shows nothing for this.
These are just AMA opinions but where does the rest of the information that they are looking for come from?
I wrote to a professor at the school and asked for help. My answer was to use my resources of internet, library, textbooks etc. to find the info I need.
Good luck with that. I'm really frustrated and am glad to see I'm not the only one.
Wish I could help you with some answers but unfortunately I can't.
Good luck to you, I'm still searching..
• Corrections made to a medical record do not have to be time stamped but they must be required to have a date. Although, additions to the record should be time and date stamped, and the person making the additions should initial the record. All corrections in the medical record must be done by drawing a single line through the error and writing the correction in the chart. The physician must date the correction and initial it. White-out or markers that make the writing unclear or unreadable must not be used.
• The patient and physician should be informed about the existence of computerized data bases wherein medical information concerning the patient is stored. Such information should be told to the physician and patient prior to the physician's release of the medical information to the person or company maintaining the computer data bases. Full revealment of this information to the patient is necessary in acquiring informed consent to treatment. A back-up system should also be put into place to ensure the records are not lost or destroyed accidently.
• Methods for purging the computerized data base of archaic or inaccurate data should be created and the patient and physician should be notified before and after the data has been purged. There should be no mixing of a physician's computerized patient records with those of other computer service bureau clients. Procedure should be put in place to protect against accidental combining of reports.
• The computerized medical data base should only be online to the computer terminal when permitted computer programs needing the medical data are being used. Physicians or outside organizations of the medical facility should not be given online access to a computerized data base containing certain data from medical records regarding patients.
• In any event that files are erased or purposely destroyed, the computer service bureau or database needs to verify in writing to the physician that the erasure has been done. Any erasing of the files may be done only if the physician has duplicate copies of the files. If a computer data base is terminated any files stored or maintained for the physician should be physically returned to that physician.
• The patient should have full disclosure when it comes to who is viewing or accessing their records. Anyone who is accessing a database to view the patient’s records should have an authorized release of information for these records in order to view them. If this is the true case then the patient will know when signing the release who is about to view or access their records.
• There are several places throughout the site that talks about security when implementing a medical record database. Encryptions, passwords, and other security functions are put into place when setting up any electronic medical database or putting up these types of records online.
• Information about a patient cannot be passed on to a third party without expressed consent from the patient. The patient must be informed of who is getting this information and why. They will then authorize such a disclosure by signing a release form or authorization form to release the information to the third party. There is always a date on this form and what type of information is being released, such as permission to or not to release mental health records, or HIV records.
I am doing this same paper for penn foster and found this site to be helpul for question 2. any help on the others would be gteat though!!
search for AMA opinion 5.07 confidentiality, computers.
You may have to go to search for it online because i cannot list the internet site on this site. Sorry
• Essay 1
In this case where Dr. Bob is preparing to operate on sally, he may have the opportunity to talk with the parents about the risks of the operation and obtain their informed consent, and because they are present at this time he should attempt to do this. On the other hand, if this is life threatening emergency and must be done immediately because of the increased risk to life with absolutely no time to speak with the parents or the parents are not available he may perform the operation under the Good Samaritan Statute. The Good Samaritan laws are in place for legal protection to protect health care providers from liability for unauthorized treatment under emergency situations when informed consent is difficult or even impossible to obtain and under circumstances when a person suffers a sudden injury and delay of treatment may result in risk to life or result in death.
• Essay 2
In the case where Paula Patient asks Dr. Bob to send her information to her P.O. Box and call her only at work, Dr. Bob should do as she has asked. In regards to confidential communications, any patient may request alternate communication as long as they are reasonable requests. I believe that Paula Patient made a reasonable request. Telling Dr. Bob that she may be endangered if her boyfriend finds out is a very good reason to accommodate this request. By not doing as she requested, this may endanger her and he could be in violation of the health information protection that is covered by HIPAA’s Privacy Rule. Violating a privacy
or security regulation of HIPAA can result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
• Essay 3
Dr. Bob cannot give anyone Paula Patient’s Medical records without prior consent or signed authorization. Not only did Dr. Bob demonstrate improper disclosure, but he also failed to protect the patient’s medical information so that it remained private and secure. This is direct failure to comply with the HIPAA’s Privacy Rule and he could be sued for breach of confidentiality. Criminal penalties for wrongfully obtaining or disclosing PHI can range from $50,000 to $250,000 and imprisonment from one to 10 years. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights will enforce HIPAA regulations.
1. Comparative and contributory negligence are both defenses available to mitigate the amount that a defendant may have to pay to a plaintiff for damages. Each of these defenses is based on an assessment of fault towards the plaintiff.
Contributory negligence is a defense that can prove that the plaintiff is in one part to blame for the accident, then he or she recovers nothing. For instance, if the evidence shows that a defendant was speeding and went through a stop sign and that the plaintiff was only one percent at fault because he or she didn't swerve or brake quickly enough, then the plaintiff may be entitled to no recovery.
With comparable negligence, (in most states) in order to be able to receive any damages, the plaintiff must be no more than 50 percent at fault for the injury. If the plaintiff is no more than 50 percent liable, but is still partially at fault, then the award of damages will be adjusted according to the plaintiff's percentage of fault and the plaintiff's award will be reduced accordingly. For example, plaintiff and defendant are driving in separate cars on a street. The plaintiff is going five miles per hour over the speed limit and attempts to overtake the defendant. The defendant suddenly swerves into the plaintiff’s lane without checking to ensure the lane is clear. The defendant hits the plaintiff’s car and causes $1,000 in damage. The plaintiff sues the defendant for the damage to his car. At the conclusion of the trial, a jury finds that the plaintiff is 40% responsible for the accident due to his speeding, and the defendant is 60% responsible for the accident due to his failure to check traffic before changing lanes. Thus, the plaintiff is awarded 60% of the damages he sustained, or $600. The other $400 in repairs the plaintiff must pay on his own due to his actions.
2. When the HIPAA rules are stricter than state law, HIPAA supersedes state law. In some instances, a state law may provide more protection that HIPAA. In those cases, you must follow the state law. Always follow the strictest law, and this will satisfy both sets of laws.
3. Res Ipsa Loquitur is a Latin phrase meaning “the thing speaks for itself.” It is used as a rule of evidence and implies that the plaintiff need only show that a particular result occurred and would not have occurred but for someone's negligence. To use this doctrine successfully, a plaintiff has to show that:
Evidence of the actual cause of the injury is not obtainable;
The injury is not the kind that ordinarily occurs in the absence of negligence by someone;
The plaintiff was not responsible for his or her own injury;
The defendant, or its employees or agents, had exclusive control of the tools that caused the injury; and
The injury could not have been caused by any pawns or tools other than that over which the defendant had control.
4. Subject-matter jurisdiction is the authority of the court to hear and make a determination in a court action. Subject –matter jurisdiction in a federal court pertains to a case that involves a federal rule, regulation, statute. It could also involve a federally owned property, like a military base or a national par, or could involve an aspect of the U.S. constitution or treaty. Other cases may also be brought to a federal court but they must involve a controversy in the amount of $50,000 or more and that both citizens or parties are from different states. Federal court has limited jurisdiction as opposed to state court which has general jurisdiction.
5. The beginning of the physician - patient relationship is a time when trust being established between the two of them. The patient will be informed of the privacy practices, the use and disclosure notices and release of information procedures. The physician will need to give all of this information to the patient before he sees the patient. A reason for this is informed consent; the patient needs to know and understand his/her rights pertaining to use and disclosure of medical records and because the patient will need to release his medical records from his old physician to his new one. Most doctors want to see your medical records before they see you for the first time so that they have a bit of knowledge of your medical history.
5. B 6. A
I am doing the same Research Assignment through Penn Foster also and am having some of the same troubles. I found the AMA's 5.07 information which answers all the questions but I am having trouble finding other sources to use to complete the paper.
I've been working on the same thing for months and not finding anything.
I am also doing the same paper and am having the exact same problems as the rest of you. Try this, I read and re-read the sentences in every paragraph that I did and realized that I could make two senteces out of one that I wrote to reach the six sentence requirement on each of the paragraphs. It's not much but it helped me out a lot and I was able to do this with a few sentences and it was just enough to finish the paragraph.
I am working on the same project through penn foster i have been putting of doing the paper cuz i cant stand them. i have found most of the answers on here but all i do is type in the question in google and then find the closest link. im glad to see im not the only one with problems with this lesson im almost finished with the course!! i have one more shipment plus this research paper!! good luck to all who are taking this course.
I am also working on this research paper through penn foster. I have found most of the answers through the web site, but the book "Legal aspects" is another source that I am using as well because they go together. I am having one problem though. I am trying to look up computer service bureau and what it is. Sorry if this is not any help. Good Luck with your studies and paper.
I am doing the same class through Penn Foster. I submitted my paper and got a 43 "OUCH". I cant find the E-5.07 article they talk about and my paragraphs were too short. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem
Seems there are a lot of folks taking this course....wow...good to know I have buddies that are having the same problems with it. Good luck to all of you.
I'm also doing the same course right now and I searched for hours on that ridiculous website for the answers and could not find them. So, I searched thru my book for the answers and thought I had them but when I submitted my exam I got a brutal 35. On my graded report my teacher told me to go to article E-5.07 and I will find all the answers there. I unfortunately cannot find that article anywhere on that website and I've been searching for hours! I'm about to give up! My advice for everyone is to not use the book for their answers because that certainly doesn't work. My 35 that I recieved was depressing. My paper was 4 pages long and I only got a 35!!! How is that possible! My answers sounded right, but I guess they were just a bunch of jibberish to whoever graded my paper. Best of luck to anyone taking this exam. It seems pointless to me unless your studying to be a lawyer. I'm gonna keep looking for the answers on the internet but I have lost pretty much all hope. If anyone can help me and the rest of the people out there trying to take this exam please help us!
I too am working on this research project and found what was needed at the AMA site. Now I just have to write the eight paragraphs. Good luck.
Go to the search box in the upper right hand corner of the AMA home page. Type in ethical opinions for computer use.
It will take you to a page with many opinions you can look through to help with this project.
I am taking this class through PennFoster. Are You?
yqngho bjhksmqi bchkevpd mvosg dkpxothcb brwux vrcywjxz
I have just started my research for this paper and have had some success. As far as references and citations I have been using a program called eazy paper. You can download a free trial at their website. It is super helpful and well worth the download! I suggest watching the tutorial. Good luck!
I too, have had the same frustrating experiences you have. However, I came across this document which not only lists the ethics, but the policy that it is linked to. "House of Delegates" or "opinion" is the search word(s) in ama website. This site won't let me provide the exact url, but I think this should help.
If anyone has not found the answer to the first question, look on page 73 of your Legal Aspects of Health Information Management book. The answer is there in black and white
Im having a problem with number eight. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've found all the answers to the other 7 questions. If anyone could help Id appreciate it. Thanks
You are explaining how to operate the gears of a machine to a new employee. To create a word meaning
the opposite of engage, you would add the prefix
Help me with this paper.... I have no idea were to start. I pulled up the opinion off the website but not sure where to start..
Thanks for your help!
I am taking the same class at Penn Foster.I did find the article on the AMA website. Haven't found any other places with the help I needed. So I will use that article and go from there. Hoping I can find enough of my own words to complete it.
It took me about a month to do all the research i needed. try looking for online books at google or for actual laws that relate to the medical field. keep trying! there are a lot of medical association websites that were extremely helpful... try there.
I went to PennFoster for Medical Coding and Billing. I did not know that I would be dealing with projects. They do not give you any samples to follow. I'm also finding out that when I test, the answer could be different than what they have. This is so depressing that we have to go to you for help, when the school should be explaining things to us better. Thank you for your help, it is very appreciate. Debra
If you are doing the AMA 5.07 research paper - just query: AMA Opinion 5.07 and it will bring you directly to the document. All the answers are there, but so brief it will not constitute a paragraph. HIPAA The Privacy Act and the Security act have some thoughts. Query the questions and you will find other thoughts to agree or disagree with the AMA Opinion. Include your overall thought and always use others to verify your facts. You can say the world has entered into the age of computers. Thats general knowledge. Because of this the healthcare sector has found it necessary to address the need to secure the use and disclosure of patient information. This is not your random opinion, but a fact that should be verified by reference some place where you read it. Research is searching other opinions about those expressed in the AMA 5.07 against the eight questions. Take a paper and pick other writers. Write the responses to each question - side by side and then when you write your paper - you can draw from an overall conclusion with always indicating what the AMA answer is and how they are complete or incomplete in their address. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Fear is not an option
I am working on the same research paper and I have problems on the reference page or citing sources can anyone please help me with this I used the Study Guide and then the website they ask us to go to AMA Association Website. Then typed Opinion 5.07. so all of the answers came from the AMA Code of Medical Ethics::Opinion 5.07.
So could you please help me please..All help with be so greatly appreciated..
You have to start thinking beyond the question. Use your introductory setence to answer every question from the Opinion 5.07. From there begin to think of what could happen if things weren't done according to the Opinion, the legal ramifications, how some states have even stricter laws than the base of the Opinion. Give examples. Discuss encryption....does it offer 100% security, etc. Once you start thinking this way, you will be surprised at how many references you can find. Visit several libraries and ask the librarians to help you. If one doesn't, another will. I ended up finding many references. Hope this helps someone.
I too am just one of many people on here doing the same paper and so far I havnt been able to find much to help answer the questions and get this paper written. NO I dont want anyone to do my work for me but my goodness a little help would be nice. Good Luck to everyone trying to get this done. God Bless
I too am doing the same paper through Penn Foster. I found the information on the ama web site just dosen't seem to be enough information to make a long enough paragraph and I can not find any help at my local libraries or online. I found a good book but it is things from the ama so I do not see me spending 80.00 dollars on it. Going to Barnes and Nobles to see if I can find something that might help.
Worst Research paper, I've ever done....
I, too, am trying to do the PennFoster research paper. I am not a writer and am really struggling with it. I have been unable to find too many resources on Opinion 5.07 and the ones I have found say pretty much the same thing. I'm just going to write the paper and let the chips fall where they may. Guess I should not have waited 45 years to go to college!!!!
I really appreciate all the comments given by some good friends but who is going to help us, i am sailing in the same penn Foster boat trying to complete this research work.
I really appreciate all the comments given by some good friends but who is going to help us, i am sailing in the same ''Penn Foster'' boat trying to complete this research work.
Just a short note on the Penn Foster research paper on Opinion 5.07. Seems the simpler the better. I used one reference, AMA web sight on Opinion 5.07, wrote short concise answers the the questions and sent it in. I received a grade of 98%. I made 2 small errors - misspelled a word and didn't include a date of retrieval on the reference page. I used the APA style paper.
I got a grade of 100 on my research paper. I got my references from AMA opinion 5.07, AMA Patient confidentiality and Journal of the American Medical Information Association vol.3 I found the JAMIA at penn foster online database. I used MLA style.
thank you everyone for the help. I've been researching on the computer for months with no luck. i will look at the sites u recommended. i thought i was taking medical billing not a writing class....
Suzi wait until you get to your final research paper. It is 50 % of your final grade and it is worse than this one. Good luck. If you have any other questions about this you can email me at s underscore huggins at att dot net and I will be glad to help you with anything you need.
marie, Is there anyway you can post what you have put in so i can compare? I have already wrote my paper but i would like to make sure i'm on the right wave lengh..
billing and coding - pick 3 firms to research. based on internet reseach on ...
Cultural Diversity - I am working on an autobiographical research paper that ...
Term Paper question - I've started writing a term paper and wondering if there ...
11th grade English - Can someone please help me with the topics for a research ...
Introduction to the Criminal Justice System - To whom it may concern: There was ...
to ms.sue project - this is what it says for the paper: You will create a trait ...
Spanish - My Assignment for Spanish is to find the major exports & imports for ...
Reseach Paper - Hello, I am writing a research paper and I am at the conclusion ...
algebra - the office manager of a small office ordered 120 packs of printer ...
Chemistry - Hi; I'm just wondering, I need to write the dissocation equation for...