Posted by tmac357A on Friday, June 20, 2008 at 8:16pm.
I'm having trouble with estimating probability:
In a study of 685 cars in a parking lot, there were only 3 different types: sedan, sports car and mini-van. 211 of the cars were mini-vans. Use this information to estimate the probability of choosing a car that is a sedan or sports car.
I figure n=685 but after that I'm stuck!
Any help would be great! Thanks!
- statistics - Reiny, Friday, June 20, 2008 at 9:59pm
since 211 were minivans, then 474 must have been either sedans or sport cars.
so the probability of choosing either a sedan or sports car would be 474/685 = .692
- statistics - tmac357A, Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 11:01am
- statistics - delanour, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:59am
Listed below are the number of homeruns for the National League leader over the last 20 years, through 2006. Assuming that number of homeruns is normally distributed, if this is sample data collected from a population of all past and future homerun leaders, test the claim that the mean homerun leader has less than 47 homeruns, where α=.05. Set up and complete the appropriate hypothesis test. For this data, also compute the p-value and describe how you could have used this information to complete the analysis. Finally, compute 85% and 98% Confidence Intervals for this data.
Year Homeruns Year Homeruns
2006 58 1996 47
2005 51 1995 40
2004 48 1994 43
2003 47 1993 46
2002 49 1992 35
2001 73 1991 38
2000 50 1990 40
1999 65 1989 47
1998 70 1988 39
1997 49 1987 49
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math ratios - The ratio of cars to vans in a parking lot was 5 to 2. There were ...
- Math - Yesterday, a parking lot had 60 cars parked in it. Of the cars parked in ...
- statistics - Question2: When parking a car in a downtown parking lot, drivers ...
- 5TH GRADE MATH - SIXTY-SEVEN STUDENTS ARE GOING ON A FIELD TRIP TO THE ZOO. THE ...
- Math - In a downtown parking lot,there are 5 times as many cars as there are ...
- Math - Two vans leave a parking lot at the exact same time. A few minutes later...
- Statistics - Ricardo's car rental offers five different types of vehicles, ...
- 3rd grade math - A parking lot near the sports field holds a total of 52 ...
- probability - PROBLEM 4: PARKING LOT PROBLEM (3 points possible) Mary and Tom ...
- math***check answerss**** - please check answers... 2.yesterday ,a parking lot ...