Posted by jean on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 9:18am.
Can anyone help me understand how to do this?
Factoring each polynomial
solve each equation
I am so lost with this one I can not grab how you get a number from this.
thanks for trying who ever you may be
algebra - indu, Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 9:30am
splitting the middle term as
take common factor from 2 terms,sequentially as
(X+2a) (X+3a) answer is x=-2a ;X=-3a
Question 2: a^2+a-20=0
or a=-5 ; +4
both are factorised using splitting the middle term method
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - I am trying to factor a 4th degree polynomial that does not have any...
- algebra - how to you solve polynomial equation by factoring x^3 + 3x^2 - 9x = 27
- PreCalculus - I'm trying to find the x-intercepts of a polynomial function = 4x^...
- algebra - how do you solve polynomial equation by factoring 3x^4 + 11x^3 = 4x^2
- algebra - solve polynomial equation by factoring x^4 +100 = 29x^2
- algebra - solve polynomial equation by factoring 2x^3 - 12x^2 = 32x - 192
- pre cal - Use factoring to solve the polynomial equation: HINT: Try multiplying ...
- algebra - Solve the following equation: k2 + 4k = 0 By factoring and By using ...
- Algebra 1 polynomials - Write the polynomial in descending order by the ...
- Algebra. - Help? -Solve Polynomial Equations By factoring. 1. x^6-25x^4=0 2. y^3...