Posted by -Anne on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 9:12pm.
pleaplease check my answer thanks so much
Which of the following best describes when extinction occurs
A When a CS is repeatedly presented and periodically followed by a US
B When a CS is repeatedly presented without the presention of a US
C CS and US are presented together
D CS is repeatedly overshadowed
This question doesn'tmake sense to me
I have learend that Extinction is a process by which a particular behavior decreases or disappears se check this for me thanks
dog behavior - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 9:20pm
The question is asking when extinction is most likely to occur.
CS means conditioned stimulus.
US means unconditioned stimulus.
My best guess is that the answer is B.
dog behavior - PsyDAG, Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 10:48am
B definitely is the answer.
From my introductory psychology notes at http://www.members.cox.net/dagershaw/index.html
Extinction is the reduction of the CR, when reinforcement (US) is not given for extended period.
Your topic seems to be generally "conditioning" rather than "dog behavior." You might want to explore the notes on learning on my site for future questions.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- dog behavior re post - please check my answer thanks so much Which of the ...
- dog behavior - please check my answer thanks for your help :) During extinction...
- Math Check Answers - Write a rule for the sequence 8 -1 -10 -19... Start with 8 ...
- Social Studies - Which statement best describes how slavery was presented in ...
- Language Art's - 8.)Which of the following best describes the idea from MacNeil’...
- math patterns and rules - write a rule for the sequnce. 3,-3,-9,-15 a.start with...
- math - Write a rule for the sequence 8, -1, -10, -19... A. Start with 8 and add...
- Math - 1. Write a rule for the sequence. 3,-3,-9,-15.... Start With 3 and add -6...
- Math - 1. Write a rule for the sequence. 8, -1, -10, -19 A) Start with 8 and add...
- English - A last doubt. Which of the following sentences is best formulated? ...