Posted by Ken on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 11:51pm.
3.9 moles of NO and 0.88 moles of CO2 are allowed to react as
NO + CO2 <--> NO2 + CO
At equilibrium 0.11 moles of CO2 was present. Kc for the reaction is _____
Don't you need to know how many liters, to figure Kc don't you have to change everything to M, so don't you need liters, or do you just assume 1.0 L?
- Chem II - Equilibrium - DrBob222, Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 12:12am
Assume any value for volume? 1.0 L is the easy way go go.
- Chem II - Equilibrium - Ken, Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 12:22am
Still confused, I have two concentrations for CO2 and none for NO2. If I change everything I have to M, how can I sub into the Kc formula without knowing the conc. of NO2 or haveing Kc?
- Chem II - Equilibrium - DrBob222, Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 12:33am
NO + CO2 ==> NO2 + CO
CO2 was 0.88 to begin.
It was 0.11 at the end. So how much was used? That must be 0.88 - 0.11 = 0.77
Since all of the coefficients in the balanced equation are 1, then you must have used 0.77 of NO and must have formed 0.77 NO2 and 0.77 CO.
Just another ICE CHART.
Substitute the new values into the Kc expression and solve for Kc.
- Chem II - Equilibrium - w, Monday, October 27, 2014 at 3:43am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Chemistry - The system CO2(g) + H2(g)<->H2O(g) + CO(g) is at ...
- ap chemistry - The system CO2(g) + H2(g) *) H2O(g) + CO(g) is at equilibrium at ...
- Chemistry - Consider the following reaction: CO2 (g) + H2 (g) CO (g) + H2O (g) ...
- Chemistry (Equilibrium) - Consider the following equilibrium system at 900°C: ...
- chemistry - CO2(g) + H2(g) equilibrium reaction arrow CO(g) + H2O(g) Calculate ...
- CHEM - When 0.5 mole of CO2 and 0.5 mole of H2 were forced into a litre reaction...
- Chem - Given the following reaction: 4 KO2 + 2 H2O + 4 CO2 ==> 4 KHCO3 + 3 O2...
- Chemistry - I'm having a hard time figuring these out. Please help me on them! ...
- chemistry - Given the following reaction: 4 KO2 + 2 H2O + 4 CO2 ==> 4 KHCO3...
- Chemistry - check answer - A 20.0 L reaction vessel contains 0.016 moles CO2, 1....