Posted by C on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 4:24pm.
I am having trouble figuring this out.
(r - 6s + 3) + (7r + 5s) + (s+5)
algebra - DrBob 222, Monday, June 16, 2008 at 4:56pm
Clear the parentheses.
combine like terms.
algebra - Adams, Monday, June 16, 2008 at 4:57pm
I rewrite it according to terms.
r+7r= 8r which is like saying 1+7=8 (then add back the variable)
Same applies to the following:
-6s+5s+s=0 which is like saying -6+5+1=0
So you would end up with: 8r+8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - I am having trouble figuring out how to identify the unknown number
- Algebra II - what is the equation for the line that passes through the point (3,...
- Math (Algebra II) - I'm trying to finish up my summer math packet, and I'm ...
- Algebra - For the exponential function ex and logarithmic function log x, ...
- algebra2-imaginary numbers - You can add or subtract complex numbers by treating...
- Math - I am having trouble figuring out how to find the domains an example ...
- Science - I'm having trouble figuring out what the independent and dependent ...
- Math - I am having trouble figuring out this question: My quotient is 1 more ...
- AP Chemistry - i'm having trouble balancing the redox reaction for the iodine ...
- Math - I am having trouble figuring out the below problems. 1. 380 dm= m 2. 90....