Posted by rose -Ms. Sue on Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 10:15pm.
Before dawn, on our eight day at sea, the head smuggler of the rickety boat
announced to my father, that we were just off the coast of the Florida Keys and that we
should jump. I clearly remember him saying: Go! Swim! the man said and sped off.
After a half-hour of swimming, with my dad dragging both my mom and I who did not
know how to swim, we reached a remote part of the Keys.
A local woman found us shivering and gave us food and dry clothes. We were
lucky that we did not get caught by the Coast Guard. As far as the five other people that
had embarqued on this journey with us, we never saw them again. "Cubans love the
beach and the sea,” “But after our ordeal, to this day we have had enough of the sea for a
long long time."
another para - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 10:29pm
Of course, this is excellent.
But, it doesn't sound like YOUR own words.
another para - PsyDAG, Monday, June 16, 2008 at 11:37am
Before dawn, on our eight(H) day at sea, the head smuggler of the rickety boat
announced to my father, (NO COMMA)that we were just off the coast of the Florida Keys and that we should jump. I clearly remember him saying: (COMMA QUOTE) Go! Swim! (UNQUOTE) the man said (REDUNDANT. DELETE PREVIOUS PHRASE.) ("WE JUMPED,") and ("HE") sped off. (THIS MAKES THE ACTIONS CLEARER.)
After a half-hour of swimming, with my dad dragging both my mom and I ("ME" AS OBJECT RATHER THAN SUBJECT.)who did not know how to swim, we reached a remote part of the Keys.
You might want to put "who did not know how to swim" in parentheses () as an aside statement.
With the grammatical errors, it does seem like your own work.
In the future, if nobody is available to proofread your work, you can do this yourself. After writing your material, put it aside for a day — at least several hours. (This breaks mental sets you might have that keep you from noticing problems.) Then read it aloud as if you were reading someone else's work. (Reading aloud slows down your reading, so you are less likely to skip over problems.)
If your reading goes smoothly, that is fine. However, wherever you "stumble" in your reading, other persons are likely to have a problem in reading your material. Those "stumbles" indicate areas that need revising.
Once you have made your revisions, repeat the process above. Good papers often require many drafts.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- journ please revise - My name is Maria X, I am a Cuban American migrated to the ...
- Science - which of these statements provides evidence to the fact that oceans ...
- Math - A distressed ship is 10 miles south and 8 miles east of a coast guard ...
- physics - 10 people,each of mass 70 kg, stand on a boat with a mass of 1000 kg. ...
- Calculus - A man is in a boat 4 miles off a straight coast. He wants to reach a ...
- English - Write the proper noun and add the missing capitaliztion. We spotted ...
- physics - A power boat of mass 465 kg is cruising at a constant speed of 8.9 m/s...
- Physics - A power boat of mass 460 kg is cruising at a constant speed of 8.9 m/s...
- Physics - A power boat of mass 495 kg is cruising at a constant speed of 8.9 m/s...
- math - air pressure decreases during a storm. the difference between the normal ...