That looks great to me! Good Job!
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Not quite.
2. depends upon the speaker but because of the time limit (quince minutos), this looks good
3. Notice the "a" after the verb? That means you do NOT want estar but ser = fue
4. This is like #2. Ordinarily they would both be the imperfect but you certainly can justify the preterit, as the speaker and with the time limit of 20 minutes.
6. Same as #2 and #4.
7. The subject is Uds. (ustedes) which is 3rd person plural, so it must be fueron
8. This verb must also be 3rd person plural as "Uds." is still the subject = estuvieron (like #2, #4, and #6 OR estaban.
10. again, like #2, #4, #6, #8. Just remember that as the speaker YOU alone can select and justify Preterit, rather than Imperfect!
OOPS! #3 I meant it must be IR with the "a" after it.
It was too late to also explain to you last night that certain verbs have a different meaning in the Preterit.
estar in the imperfect means "to be" = was
BUT in the preterit it is a synonym for "llegar" = got. estaba allí = he WAS there BUT estuvo allí = he GOT there
Other verbs with special meanings in the preterit:
poder = pudo = he could, managed to but podía = he was able, although you don't know that he actually DID
saber = supo = he found out (concentrating on the first minute he learned)
sabía = he knew
querer = quiso = he intended
quería = he wanted
no quiso (used negatively) = he refused
tener = tuvo = he had, he "got" = the first instant when he "grabbed" it
tenía = he had, was holding in his possession
Spanish - where did sr andrade go to do the following errands write the names of...
spanish need help - I did the work and would be gratful if someone could check ...
Spanish 1 - Can someone please, please please help me with this??? Re-write the ...
Spanish 2 - All the verbs that have not been conjugated need to be either in ...
Spanish help - This is a written assignment. Will someone please help check ...
spanish - ___(1)___ (ser) una noche suave de primavera. Tumbados en el césped (...
Spanish please help? - Sra ramired is asking her family if they did everything ...
spanish - can someone please explain this to me? its the irregular verb estar. 1...
Spanish - My answers were incorrect. These were the instructions. Choose the ...
Spanish - 23. "¿Qué enviaste?" "_______" a. Una carta. b. un correo c. Una ...