Posted by Adams on Friday, June 13, 2008 at 3:53pm.
Referring to Canterbury Tales in Questions 1,2,4
1. The pardoner can be best described as:
a)a courtly gentleman
b)educated and refined
c)greedy and unkempt
d)handsome and polite
I chose c.
2. The Pardoner's choice of story is ironic because:
a) a greedy character tells a tale that teaches against greed
b)it was offensive to the women on the pilgrimage
c)there was no moral to his story
d)he was the least liked of the people on the pilgrimage.
I chose a.
3.In the sentence, "Many of the popular medieval ballads are ghost stories." The word medieval is a/an:
I chose b.
4. In the story the Pardoner tells, what kills all three rioters:
d) They killed each other.
On this question, I know they killed each other, but they killed each other because of greed. Should the answer be c?
5. In the sentence: "Then within two years, King Uther fell sick of a great malady. The word within is a/an:
I chose b.
If you have read Sir Patrick Spens:
6. The knight recommends Sir Patrick Spens for the voyage because:
a)the knight does not like Sir Patrick
b)Sir Patrick is the best sailor
c)Sir Patrick owes the king a debt
d)None of the above
I am stuck between a and b. It says at the beginning that he is the best sailor, but then later it says that this person wished an "ill deed" upon him to send him to sea...
so which do you think I should answer?
- English (Please Check) - SraJMcGin, Friday, June 13, 2008 at 4:27pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Here are some sites to help you:
- English (Please Check) - GuruBlue, Friday, June 13, 2008 at 4:33pm
#4 should be c
I would agree with b...
The rest of them are all correct
- English (Please Check) - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 13, 2008 at 4:34pm
I agree with your answers. :-)
I think # 4 is c, Greed because although the actually killing is done by the sailors, they all acted upon greed.
For # 6, b is the best answer. The person who wished an "ill deed" upon him, doesn't dislike Sir Patrick. It's a statment of fact that sending a ship out in winter is likely to end in disaster.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you check the following sentences for me, please? Thank you. 1) ...
- Canterbury Tales - I need to find an online version of the Canterbury Tales to ...
- English- Canterbury Tales - I need help comparing and contrasting The Wife of ...
- english - Many writers create characters who are blissfully unaware of how they ...
- English - The problem is I don't know how to answer this question. Many writers ...
- English - Please check over my answers for the Heart of Darkness by Joseph ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Can you please have a ...
- English - Can you check if all the sentences are grammatically correct? Consider...
- English - Thank you very much for your last corrections. Can you please check ...
- English - Can you please tell me which is the best choice? I really hope you can...