Posted by rose -Ms. Sue on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 10:57pm.
Key Terms: Stereotype, Gender group, Pluralism, Sociology, Minority group, Assimilation, Conflict perspective, Segregation, Ethnic group, Racism, Class, Subordinate group, Social construction of race, Racial group, Religious minority group.
1This group is the same as a subordinate group. A defining feature of this group is that its members have less control or power over their lives than do members of dominant groups. (A) Minority group
2This describes the social structure between competing groups as defined by conflict or tension. An example would be the conflict that occurs between Haitians and United States citizens when Haitian refugees seek a new home in the United States. (A)Conflict perspective
3This is a group with distinct national origins or cultural patterns. For example, Norwegian Americans belong to this type of group. (A)Ethnic group
4Women are considered the social minority in the United States because they belong to this group, and are sometimes subject to prejudice and discrimination. (A)Subordinate group
5This is the study of social behavior. A professional in this field may study intergroup relations between African Americans and Asian Americans, for example. (A)Sociology,
6This occurs when a person both believes and feels that his or her own racial group is superior to another racial group. (A)Racism
- definition- please revise - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 11:00pm
I'm signing off now. But I'll check your answers in the morning.
- definition- please revise - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 13, 2008 at 9:52am
Sorry this is too late. All of your answers are correct, except that # 4 is probably gender group.
- definition- please revise - Am, Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 11:56am
The most commen definition of this term is a social ranking by socail wealth?
- definition- please revise - todd, Monday, January 26, 2009 at 1:41pm
- definition- please revise - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 9:28pm
The most common definition of this term is a social ranking by social wealth. An example would be a family whose income level categorizes them below the poverty line, versus a family whose income level categorizes them far above the poverty line.
- definition- please revise - Anonymous, Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 12:37pm
This group is the same as a subordinate group. A defining feature of this group is that its members have less control or power over their lives than do members of dominant groups.
- definition- please revise - Anonymous, Monday, September 5, 2011 at 8:08pm
How many atoms of hydrogen are there for each atom of oxygen in seawater?
Answer this Question
- John Jay - Where can I find the correct meaning of the following terms: ...
- The Sociology of Race and Ethnicity - Where can I find the correct meaning of ...
- health - Match race and ethnicity key terms with their correct descriptions: 1. ...
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - PLEASE REVISE. THAN YOU This group is the same as a ...
- cultural diversity - can you please tell me if I am right for the following (the...
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - I need help in revising this than you. I basically didn't ...
- Race and Ethnicity - Can some tell me if these are the right answers This group ...
- next definit. please revise - 7The most common definition of this term is a ...
- mgt - Post your 200-300-word response to this question: How did that experience ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following does form a Group II cation? lead iron cobalt...