Posted by Matt on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 8:57am.
Can anyone help me with these questions as I am stuck in these
1. The finding that the number of women reporting physical assaults by their husbands goes up on Super Bowl Sunday may lead to the erroneous conclusion that watching the Super Bowl causes husbands to be violent. This correlation is an example of a ____ correlation.
2. In the statement, "Diet determines one's life expectancy," diet is the:
a. dependent variable
b. independent variable
c. intervening variable
d. control variable
3. Which of the following is(are) true of culture?
a. culture would be significant whether people held it in common or not
b. despite the cultural diversity that exists in American society, there are symbols, language patterns, belief systems, and ways of thinking that are distinctively American and form a common culture
c. cultural beliefs and practices are as much the result of nature as nurture
d. all of the above
4. Cultural taste and participation is socially structured to the extent that:
a. participation in the elite forms of culture is expensive
b. familiarity with different cultural forms stems from patterns of historical exclusion
c. historical exclusion has prevented integration into networks that provide information about the arts
d. all of the above are true regarding the social structure's impact on cultural taste and participation
5. Which of the following is true about social institutions?
a. institutions and social groups are alike to the extent that both can be directly observed
b. social institutions tend to be short lived and as a rule cannot persist through time
c. social institutions are complex structures that exist for a rather explicit purpose
d. their abstract nature prevents social institutions from impacting on the behavior of people and groups
6. Which of the following dimensions of information does correlation analysis not deliver?
a. the direction of the relationship
b. the strength of the relationship
c. cause and effect
d. correlation analysis provides all of the above
7. Controlled experiments are highly focused ways of collecting data that:
a. include external influences in the data-gathering process
b. provide mainly qualitative information
c. establish cause and effect
d. is free of serendipitous findings
8. A built-in weakness to participant observation as a research technique is that:
a. it is very time-consuming
b. once they leave, the researcher often must call data from vast amounts of their notes
c. such studies usually focus on fairly small groups, thus care must be taken not to generalize too widely
d. All of the above are built-in weaknesses of participant observation research
- Sociology Multiple choice - Matt, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 9:00am
I am sorry
a. Positive b. negative c. Inverse. d. spurious
- Sociology Multiple choice - Writeacher, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 9:03am
You should look up each word:
What do you think??
- Sociology Multiple choice - Writeacher, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 9:04am
Look at #22 and any others that seem close.
- Sociology Multiple choice - Matt, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 9:08am
is it C
- Sociology Multiple choice - Writeacher, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 9:10am
If it's C, then you're saying that the opposite of the statement is true -- are you sure?
- Sociology Multiple choice - Writeacher, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 9:14am
Your question states that it's an "erroneous" conclusion -- so the statement is not true.
Read carefully -- the question AND the definitions of those choices.
- Sociology Multiple choice - Matt, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 10:20am
Well its an error conclusion so its false that mean its spurious..
- Sociology Multiple choice - Writeacher, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 2:46pm
- Sociology Multiple choice - Steven, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:44pm
For question number 2. The answer is D right?
- Sociology Multiple choice - Nur, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 8:59pm
what is the answer for number 6
- Sociology Multiple choice - Anonymous, Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 9:38pm
1 a 2 b 3 c 4 a 5 a 6 b 7 c 8 d
- Sociology Multiple choice - a, Friday, March 29, 2013 at 2:47pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Super Bowl XLIV, which aired on February 7, 2010, included a record 47 ...
- Stats - An instructor gives a test with 20 multiple choice questions. There are ...
- English - What is the moral of “The Wife of Bath's Tale”? A. Men should never ...
- MATH - The length of Super Bowl commercials is said to be Normally distributed ...
- AP stuff - "Come to... classroom after school (the possible dates will be ...
- Maths - Multiple-choice questions in a test are graded by adding 2 marks for ...
- Math - The cost for a 30-second ad during the 2010 Super Bowl was $2.8 million...
- Math - 14+2m = 4m - 16 (no multiple choice) I don't understand it 4(x +2) = 14...
- algbrea - Francine and Cheryl received equal scores on a test made up of ...
- algebra - A 24 question mathematics exam is worth 100 points. There are fill-in-...