Posted by mary on Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 3:55pm.
1. The line "A tree whose hungry mouth is prest" is an example of iambic
2.Which one of the following words is an iamb?
3.What is the most probable reason that rhyme and repetition first found their ways into poems?
A. People wanted a beat they could dance to.
B. They were written for the upper class.
C. Heroes in epics tended to talk that way.
D. The poems were easier to remember and pass on.
- literature - GuruBlue, Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 4:58pm
Mary, we do not do your homework for you. However, after you have put the answers down you think are correct, we will happily make corrections or suggestions.
- literature - Writeacher, Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 5:40pm
- literature - mindy, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 8:44pm
1. C Correct
2. B Correct
3. D C STUDY GUID 98-100
4. A Correct
5. C Correct
6. C Correct
7. D Correct
8. B C STUDY GUID 90-95
9. C Correct
10. D Correct
11. A Correct
12. B Correct
13. D Correct
14. D Correct
15. B Correct
16. A Correct
17. B Correct
18. A Correct
19. B Correct
20. A Correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I am need help with these questions I keep getting the answer wrong ...
- literature/poetry - 1. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor ...
- Literature-Poetry - Hi, I am doing a correspondence course and was wondering if ...
- poetry - During the Romantic period, poets placed an emphasis on?, Which one of ...
- Language Arts - I think that I shall never see A poem lovely as a tree. A tree ...
- English - I'm having a hard time with the meter & feet part of my work today. I ...
- English - Wild Nights -- Wild Nights! Were I with thee Wild Nights should be Our...
- iambic pentameter english - can you please put this poem in iambic pentameter In...
- Classical Mechanics - During a track event two runners, Mary, and Alice, round ...
- Literature - I need help with the meter of this poem: Wild Nights -- Wild Nights...